Looking for professional reviewers to test VIOFO A139 3 channels dash cam

viofo

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
China
Dash Cam
A129 Pro / A129 Duo / A119 V3 / A119S / G1W-S / WR1/
VIOFO A139 will be released around one month, we have some samples in stock and looking for DCT members to test and review.

Main features for A139:
  1. Support 2K 30fps front(Sony IMX335) + FHD interior(IR, Sony IMX291, separated cam) and FHD rear recording(Sony IMX291, separated cam)
  2. Support 2.4GHz and 5GHz WiFi
  3. Support GPS Logger
  4. Thinner coaxial interior and rear cam cable.
  5. Support external 3.5mm jack Microphone
  6. No Screen
  7. Support CPL
  8. Support optional Bluetooth remote control
  9. Support an optional bracket to lock the hardwire kit and memory card slot.
Please send PM directly for applying the sample.

It is a very nice camera system, i think it will do well for viofo.
I am eager to share my findings and footage from the A139 i have, so far operation have been flawless in the month or so i have been using it.

I can't wait for this release. Although I will probably never need the interior cam, I like the design of the A139.

I can't wait for this release. Although I will probably never need the interior cam, I like the design of the A139.
If you don't need it for the interior, you can use it for the driver's door (e.g. encounters with cops) and to cover one side of the vehicle. Pity there isn't a 4th camera to cover the other side!

y4mYh5UzpqN0f9__0CZpgkqUYdcdaUL1mgWHSsKQn5g4-LucRZtxvoqRFY_C7s-x0cYF26XHRp-1AmUUEDEuyPkVbTtq9WTbQTZR13FwTIm_CCCFqLt4lNEU3jsG2-fGLy8pvuwfymmWGX7vOryWKRK7Jtpm1-FDvt8__BVHAyejfwb-az9rv8TVow1vQWWVfiO

The ability not to swivel the cabin camera around are one of the few downsides i have some up with, but if you have the room i think you could DIY something that would allow that.
Also my rear camera are mot on a mount, this complicate cleaning of rear window on the inside.

If you dont need cabin as you are not "Ubering" it, then a aim like in the pic would be fine to disproof driver doing something claim, and also that evil trooper that might pop up at the driver door.
Danish cops seem to favor the passenger side door when approaching a car, this also mean they are on the protected inside of the vehicle.
Danish cops dont worry me though they are constantly getting more and more bad, and while a travesty i still get out of my car and face them eye to eye as i dislike people leaning over me.
And i can do that as not enough people have used guns on cops to make them that paranoid, though they are now armored up with vests ASO, but thats mostly down to cultural enrichment and not Danes.

PS: if you put the camera on the far A pillar i think you would still get a lot of cabin in the shot.

Also my rear camera are mot on a mount, this complicate cleaning of rear window on the inside.
You can however rotate the lens out of the way of the cleaning cloth since it has 360+ degree rotation :)

And the same goes for the cabin camera if the cop goes to the wrong side...

Yes, but you still have to get in to the few mm wide gap between the camera body and the glass, and as it is there you have to be careful not to get cleaning agents on the lens that might ruin coating.
I will have to move this to a magnet mount too, but i have to buy magnets as my friend cant find the big ones he have that i need.

This looks very promising. I was thinking about the A139 the other day and thought it might not get released until next year, but if it's expected to be released in a month that is very good news.

I like the fact that it uses coax cables for the rear, makes it easier to route wiring in with the cars wiring.

I think if it turns out to be reliable, an ideal setup for me would be 2 x a139 to cover front/rear/sides and maybe add the interior camera to one on a swivel mount

I don't think anyone has mentioned the camera fov, I assume it's 140 degrees diagonal for the front?

• Support an optional bracket to lock the hardwire kit and memory card slot.

Wow! I especially like this feature! There is a problem here in Malaysia whereby some car official service centres will unplug your dashcam as soon as they take the car off you, as not to leave behind any incriminating evidence of malpractice in their workshop. There had been cases where the mechanics put in a cheaper grade of motor oil than what was billed to the customer and the case blew up on social media because the dashcam saw all of it happening.

Another case involved front dashcam unplugged (but rear was a different system still active), the staff drove the customer's car out with a few boxes of motor oil, stolen from his employer, and unloaded it at some seedy warehouse.

So if the locking bracket can sufficiently deter such unplugging, it is reason enough to upgrade from anything I have now if that particular car brand has reputation for seedy service centres.

I wish I had more cars and more driving time to test more dashcams with, but I just submitted a request to test for the A129 Plus eMMC, because the concept was more interesting and I felt it was easier to swap out from my A129 Duo now. Ah well, can't be greedy now. It wouldn't be fair to try test too many things one go and not give each one of them sufficient time and attention.

The ability not to swivel the cabin camera around are one of the few downsides i have some up with, but if you have the room i think you could DIY something that would allow that.

If you dont need cabin as you are not "Ubering" it, then a aim like in the pic would be fine to disproof driver doing something claim, and also that evil trooper that might pop up at the driver door.
Danish cops seem to favor the passenger side door when approaching a car, this also mean they are on the protected inside of the vehicle.
Danish cops dont worry me though they are constantly getting more and more bad, and while a travesty i still get out of my car and face them eye to eye as i dislike people leaning over me.
And i can do that as not enough people have used guns on cops to make them that paranoid, though they are now armored up with vests ASO, but thats mostly down to cultural enrichment and not Danes.

PS: if you put the camera on the far A pillar i think you would still get a lot of cabin in the shot.

You could possibly get both sides of the front windows if you mounted the camera at the back glass but facing inside? Assuming it's sufficiently wide like 150-160 degrees, or the car is sufficiently long.

Of course such a position wouldn't be able to show your attentiveness while driving, if that's also part of the intention. But it should be able to show at least one of your arms (not holding a phone or other things).

VIOFO A139 will be released around one month, we have some samples in stock and looking for DCT members to test and review.

Main features for A139:
  1. Support 2K 30fps front(Sony IMX335) + FHD interior(IR, Sony IMX291, separated cam) and FHD rear recording(Sony IMX291, separated cam)
  2. Support 2.4GHz and 5GHz WiFi
  3. Support GPS Logger
  4. Thinner coaxial interior and rear cam cable.
  5. Support external 3.5mm jack Microphone
  6. No Screen
  7. Support CPL
  8. Support optional Bluetooth remote control
  9. Support an optional bracket to lock the hardwire kit and memory card slot.
Please send PM directly for applying the sample.
I'm interested in testing this model.

You could possibly get both sides of the front windows if you mounted the camera at the back glass but facing inside? Assuming it's sufficiently wide like 150-160 degrees, or the car is sufficiently long.
That gives you mainly an inside view, with the front windows largely blocked from view by headrests.

Having it sideways as in my image above gives some inside view with a lot of outside view, including down the road to the right at T-junctions.

That gives you mainly an inside view, with the front windows largely blocked from view by headrests.

Having it sideways as in my image above gives some inside view with a lot of outside view, including down the road to the right at T-junctions.
I guess you really do need a 4-channel dashcam then ...

I guess you really do need a 4-channel dashcam then ...
After installing side-cams I don't like the thought of being without them. It's easy to be drawn that deep into dashcams as many of us have :rolleyes: but it's a relatively harmless hobby :cool:

Phil

We will probably also see 4 channel systems within long.
The tech to do it is there, the main obstacle is figuring out the side cameras and how to mount them, car design give many options, some strait forward and easy like my car that have fixed side windows you can stick a camera to the glass.
But for cars with all the door glass active you run into challenges and then you have no fit all solution.

But for cars with all the door glass active you run into challenges and then you have no fit all solution.
Also difficult to cover the cop at the window if you mount the cameras on the glass because it would have to be on the active door glass...

With the mounting position I used, I could have a double interior camera, two lenses in one unit with one lens pointing at each of the front windows.

We will probably also see 4 channel systems within long.
The tech to do it is there, the main obstacle is figuring out the side cameras and how to mount them, car design give many options, some strait forward and easy like my car that have fixed side windows you can stick a camera to the glass.

Awhile back there was a fad on Indiegogo with "360 degrees" dashcams. It was a fisheye lens running on a 5 megapixel sensor or something.

I think very quickly people figured out it's not enough resolution to match 1080p on 140 degrees in one direction.

Reactions: Mtz
After installing side-cams I don't like the thought of being without them. It's easy to be drawn that deep into dashcams as many of us have :rolleyes: but it's a relatively harmless hobby :cool:

Phil

Haha I can imagine an action-thriller movie where a guy with too many dashcams captured some criminal event (ie, drug deal, assassination, alien landing, etc) in a very detailed manner, and then the whole world tries to hunt him down to delete the evidence :ROFLMAO:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R A139 4
Back