Looking for professional reviewers to test VIOFO A139 3 channels dash cam

Well if you need another tester I'm available.

Can't buy can't test but I can cry

VIOFO A139 will be released around one month, we have some samples in stock and looking for DCT members to test and review.

Main features for A139:
  1. Support 2K 30fps front(Sony IMX335) + FHD interior(IR, Sony IMX291, separated cam) and FHD rear recording(Sony IMX291, separated cam)
  2. Support 2.4GHz and 5GHz WiFi
  3. Support GPS Logger
  4. Thinner coaxial interior and rear cam cable.
  5. Support external 3.5mm jack Microphone
  6. No Screen
  7. Support CPL
  8. Support optional Bluetooth remote control
  9. Support an optional bracket to lock the hardwire kit and memory card slot.
Please send PM directly for applying the sample.
I'm thinking of buying one from your store on AliExpress
When connecting with the car radio using AV out
Can I choose the camera through which the video will be displayed?

Last edited:
Stop bothering me you wasted my time

They seem a bit high, I measured 7.1W with wifi turned on, and with the inefficiencies of the power adaptor included. Measured using a multimeter on the 13.8 volt supply.
I recently bought one A139 - it behaves strangely because at 12.2V (HK3 adapter, WiFi off) it uses (fluctuation) 0.47-0.50 A (5.7-6.1W) once and after restart 0.57-0.60 A (7-7.3W ). Firmware A139 V1.6 2021_1217. I can still send it back to the seller. I'm thinking about the T130, which probably needs less power.

How does it act strangely?

I'm thinking about the T130, which probably needs less power.
There is not a lot of difference in power. The A139 does use a little more, but it also has much better voltage control for the rear camera.
In my view the A139 is a significantly better camera, although they are both good.

it uses (fluctuation) 0.47-0.50 A (5.7-6.1W) once and after restart 0.57-0.60 A (7-7.3W ).
I suspect many meters have difficulty measuring the actual power use due to lack of smoothing capacitors, so the power flow is rather erratic. Meters that don't sample very often may not get the right result. Best to measure before the hardwire kit/power adapter where there is smoothing.

thanks for your support,
Recently compared VIOFO Dashcam Firmware between 2018 - 2022 models. Noticed the A129 Plus 1440p model has unique video codec setting compared to all other VIOFO Dashcams.
How does changing the Advanced Video Codec (AVC1) Group of Pictures (GOP) setting from N=15 to N=30 improve video image quality (IQ) only on A129 Plus Dashcam?

VIOFO A129 Plus 1440p (FW v1.5)
Codec Info : Advanced Video Codec
Codec ID : avc1
Format profile : High@L5.1
Format settings : CABAC / 1 Ref Frames
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, Reference frames : 1 frame
Format settings, GOP : M=1, N=30
Duration : 1 min 0 s
Bit rate : 30.3 Mb/s
Width : 2560 pixels
Height : 1440 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate : 30.000 FPS
VIOFO A139 1440p (FW v1.6)
Format profile : High@L5.1
Format settings : CABAC / 1 Ref Frames
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, Reference frames : 1 frame
Format settings, GOP : M=1, N=15
Bit rate : 27.0 Mb/s
Width : 2560 pixels
Height : 1440 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate : 30.000 FPS
VIOFO A129 Pro 4K (FW v2.6T)
Format Profile : High@L5.1
Format Settings : CABAC / 1 Ref Frames
Format Settings, CABAC : Yes
Format Settings, RefFrames : 1 frame
Format Settings, GOP : M=1, N=15
BitRate : 42.3 Mb/s
Width : 3840 pixels
Height : 2160 pixels
Display Aspect Ratio : 16:9
Frame Rate : 30.000 FPS

How does changing the Advanced Video Codec (AVC1) Group of Pictures (GOP) setting from N=15 to N=30 improve video image quality (IQ) only on A129 Plus Dashcam?
It should save some bitrate, since a full image refresh only occurs half as often, so either there are extra bits available to use for image quality, or the bitrate can be reduced.

Possibly it is longer only on the A129 Plus because that is using the same processor as A119 but with twice as many channels, while the A129 Pro, A139 etc use a more powerful processor. Maybe the A129 Plus couldn't cope with the amount of data from full image refreshes every half second?

As far as I can tell, it doesn't make much difference to the image quality, even if you set GOP to a much longer time, since the amount of movement and noise in Viofo dashcam video generally refreshes the full image pretty fast anyway, so a full refresh is a waste of time and tends to create a slight "stepping" in the video background every half second, or every 1 second on the A129 Plus. I prefer the latter when watching, but it tends to only be noticeable in the background in low light levels when there is not much movement and more noise than normal.

The only disadvantage of a higher GOP that I have noticed is on video playback when changing the playback location in the video player, many video players will only jump to the location of a full frame, so on the A129 Plus you can select a playback location to the nearest second, while on the others you can select to the nearest half second. With GOP is set to a full minute, dashcam video quality still looks OK, but it gets a bit annoying on playback, especially with 1 minute loop recording segments, since then you can only play/replay from the very start of the file!

Possibly it is longer only on the A129 Plus because that is using the same processor as A119 but with twice as many channels, while the A129 Pro, A139 etc use a more powerful processor.
Do not forget that the rear camera of the A129Plus has a separate processor and firmware. Because of this, the load on the processor is not at all 2 times more than on the A119v3.

Do not forget that the rear camera of the A129Plus has a separate processor and firmware. Because of this, the load on the processor is not at all 2 times more than on the A119v3.
But there is almost 2x the data going onto the microSD card, and it also has to receive the rear data, which will require some processing and buffering, so maybe not 2x the total load, but it is definitely more than the A119 V3 has to cope with. Anyway, that was only a suggestion as to a possible reason, the actual reason may be something else...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R A139 4
Back