Loop recording times

Noobpc

Reaction score
Country
United States
I bought 2 G1Ws at 2 different times.

The first one (black) is running version 2014.0106 firmware, and it has the ability to record in 10/5/3 minute loops for each video clip. The intro screen is a red Mercedes SLS AMG.

The second one I bought, at a later time, (blue) seems to be running another version, not sure if older or newer. But the introduction screen isn't the same and it can only record in 3 minute loops.

Do you guys think if I update the firmware on the blue one it will be able to record 10/5/3 minute loops? I don't like the 3 minute loops.

Any opinions?

Every g1w firmware model have option 3/5/10 loop, maybe this one is fake :(

Noobpc, G1W have several hardware versions. Firmware isn't compatible between them so you run a high risk of bricking your DC.

I see.

So is my blue g1w a fake?

If it that is the case, am i better off just using it as is or buying a legit one? I am not sure how overseas return shipping is going to cost. I bought both my cams from amazon. The legit one was from a seller named BAIKLOV

I used the same supplier (BAIKLOV) for a January purchase & definitely received a legit g1w. Easiest way to check (I learned here) is to check your files on your computer - you want them to download as *MOV* rather than *AVI* files. good luck.

Back