LS300W x LS400W - What is the difference?

weren't they on aliexpress for a few bucks?

Maulhofer said:
Hello,
can you tell me where you bought the 3M holder?

If you're referring to the GT300W/LS300W, I asked FoxOffer about it after placing my order and they kindly shipped it along with the camera at no charge even though I offered to pay.

Gurkha9 said:
The LS300W has both options available. I switched from the suction cup to a small 3M mount and the camera in almost invisible behind the rear view mirror.
can you please post a picture of your setup/mount. thanks in advance!

Gurkha9 said:
For now, you may have no choice but to use a suction cup mount with the LS400/400W/430 due to the 'block' holder.
The LS300W has both options available. I switched from the suction cup to a small 3M mount and the camera in almost invisible behind the rear view mirror.

I am buying the LS400W but didn't realize it has different mount than LS300W. I prefer the 3M over the suction mount.

I found this 3M holder which looks like is compatible with the LS400W mount if we replace just the suction part and fit this in:

http://www.amazon.com/Saddle-Newest-Bra ... +mount+dvr

Do you think this may work ?

airbender said:
I am buying the LS400W but didn't realize it has different mount than LS300W. I prefer the 3M over the suction mount.
I found this 3M holder which looks like is compatible with the LS400W mount if we replace just the suction part and fit this in:
http://www.amazon.com/Saddle-Newest-Bra ... +mount+dvr
Do you think this may work ?

Not sure really. Depends how that plastic piece over the bolt is attached.
See this: http://www.foxoffer.com/blog/2013/05/29 ... 0-car-dvr/

Last edited by a moderator:
So I'm finally back in the States and uploaded the raw footage of LS400W daytime sample for yall.
range rover dashboard is angled to create bad reflections, also the heating elements inside the windshield causes blurry lines to be seen at times.

https://mega.co.nz/#!2oxkURAa!ATxFJm84p ... Tka1RKxRy8

Last edited by a moderator:
For those querying the grills on the front of the LS400W as a way and means of dissipating the heat, I'd say think again. I very much doubt that they make much, if any difference at all, particularly as heat rises and these grills are at the bottom with nothing at the top for any air to pass through the device. And particularly if the sun is going to be shining on it all day, black attracting heat and the car being a bit like a greenhouse, even if you have air-conditioning in the car, in my experience, do NOT buy the LS400W never mind the other model as once the temperature goes above 30°C, the dam thing just locks up. The picture freezes and no buttons work and in one case, so far, the thing just switched off by itself. I am so annoyed as it makes a lovely picture and I enjoyed having it but once the weather starts to get up to 30°C and the sun shining on it, then it becomes useless. I'm now looking for another one. Even my older generic one, although the picture wasn't very good, it never ever packed up in the heat, not once. And, living in the Netherlands can hardly be called a hot country, though we have been having rather hot temperatures of late, but this can be normal in a summer. I so regret buying this model. What a waste of $137! :evil:

fortuner said:
For those querying the grills on the front of the LS400W as a way and means of dissipating the heat, I'd say think again. I very much doubt that they make much, if any difference at all, particularly as heat rises and these grills are at the bottom with nothing at the top for any air to pass through the device. And particularly if the sun is going to be shining on it all day, black attracting heat and the car being a bit like a greenhouse, even if you have air-conditioning in the car, in my experience, do NOT buy the LS400W never mind the other model as once the temperature goes above 30°C, the dam thing just locks up. The picture freezes and no buttons work and in one case, so far, the thing just switched off by itself. I am so annoyed as it makes a lovely picture and I enjoyed having it but once the weather starts to get up to 30°C and the sun shining on it, then it becomes useless. I'm now looking for another one. Even my older generic one, although the picture wasn't very good, it never ever packed up in the heat, not once. And, living in the Netherlands can hardly be called a hot country, though we have been having rather hot temperatures of late, but this can be normal in a summer. I so regret buying this model. What a waste of $137! :evil:

You can drill few holes at the top of the dash camera to create air flow from bottom grills to top diy holes.

niko said:
You can drill few holes at the top of the dash camera to create air flow from bottom grills to top diy holes.
Thanks, but I shouldn't have to do that and I'd be afraid I'd damage something internally. Though to be honest, I don't think that that would make any difference either, what with the sun shining on it, it's going to be hot regardless. But having said that, I've not much else to lose really I suppose. I dunno. :cry:

First open body and look where main board positioned then you can drill holes when body / case is still opened. With having top holes it will make a lot of difference, you will see. And as you said your self: there is nothing to lose.

niko said:
First open body and look where main board positioned then you can drill holes when body / case is still opened. With having top holes it will make a lot of difference, you will see. And as you said your self: there is nothing to lose.
Has anyone else had this problem before with this model? And done the same thing? :|

Does the LS300W also have problems with high temperatures, or is this only an issue with the LS 400W ?

mine so far not. 30-35o no blurry

unique problem at moment will be the mount i will be changing to fixed mount soon.

GeorgesNJR said:

unique problem at moment will be the mount i will be changing to fixed mount soon.

Which do you have LS300W or LS400W?

PiCASSiMO said:
GeorgesNJR said:

Which do you have LS300W or LS400W?

ls300w

My LS400W work for past 2 month without any problems .
Firmware version LS400W20130461
SanDisk Ultra 32 GB microSDHC Class 10.
I did contact DOD for Firmware update I was told that they will open RMA than, I need to pay $35 to DOD CANADA for service call and sent unit to devise center in NY. Shipping back is free.

My only problem with LS400W that 3M mount is not available. By info from DOD 3M mount is in work.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376114200.658065.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376114200.658065.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 179
Zuntax said:
My LS400W work for past 2 month without any problems .
Firmware version LS400W20130461
SanDisk Ultra 32 GB microSDHC Class 10.
I did contact DOD for Firmware update I was told that they will open RMA than, I need to pay $35 to DOD CANADA for service call and sent unit to devise center in NY. Shipping back is free.

My only problem with LS400W that 3M mount is not available. By info from DOD 3M mount is in work.

May I ask why you need " ... to pay $35 to DOD CANADA for service call " ?

Back