LS430W - gap between files

Stefan

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Hi,
I recently bought a LS430W and I’m having problems with 3-5 second gaps between the recorded files (while driving). The files also varies in size.

This only occurs when Motion detection is activated. When I turn motion detection OFF everything works ok, there are no gaps in the recording and every file has the same size.
Is this a bug?
Does anyone else have this problem?

As it is now I have to activate the motion detection manually when parking and turn it OFF when driving and that can’t be how it is supposed to work?

I have the latest firmware. The camera is hardwired to the fuse box with a LUKAS LK-290 power cable.

//Stefan

It's not so much a bug but more of a limitation of the motion detect function in their product

Realistically using motion detect on a camera with an internal battery when parked and constantly powered carries some risks that are better avoided

File gab is bug, I think. Ask to update it.
Even motion detect, the pre 5-10 second file should exsit also.
It is at least standard for car dvr.

DOD don't do feature updates so I can't see it being improved, even if they did powering a camera permanently that has a LiPo battery inside is not a good idea

If parking mode is needed better to buy a camera that does not use a battery

Hi I found on my LS430W that if I set it up to use motion detect I would get gaps when sat at traffic lights if nothing moves in field of view. On days when there was lots of movement would only have occasional gaps these could all be seen as no movements.

dpick

Jokiin
DOD markets the camera with the following:

"Motion Detection video recording functions
The first motion detection feature combined with V680L, it starts recording automatically itself if there is motion in the video without pressing any button."

===> I don't understand, when are you supposed to use Motion Detection?

If it's on while driving you can potentially miss recording something important and the purpose of having a dash camera is lost.
If you want to use it for parking you HAVE to hardwire it...

"Realistically using motion detect on a camera with an internal battery when parked and constantly powered carries some risks that are better avoided Realistically using motion detect on a camera with an internal battery when parked and constantly powered carries some risks that are better avoided "

What kind of risk are we talking about. Overheating? Fire?
Why doesn’t DOD inform about this risk?

Worst case the battery catches fire, it happens, the risk is much higher in summer as LiPo batteries are not suitable for use in very hot environments, a car parked in direct sun can easily lead to the battery being used at temps 30c to 40c above their safe working range

Back