LS650W From Foxoffer Died -- What to Do?

Jack007 said:
HWZ K2000 1080P 2.5" TFT 1.3MP CMOS Car DVR Camcorder w/ 2-LED Night Vision - Black
(Added on 8/6/2013)Price: US$ 54.00

Prices are dropping and FullHD-features are coming the most common.

can't possibly do 1080p with a 1.3mp sensor

jokiin said:
Jack007 said:
HWZ K2000 1080P 2.5" TFT 1.3MP CMOS Car DVR Camcorder w/ 2-LED Night Vision - Black

It "can", but only through interpolation, which is cheating.

niko said:
jokiin said:
Jack007 said:

It "can", but only through interpolation, which is cheating.

I should have said native 1080p but you are correct that it "can" make a 1080p file, the problem is though that the 1080p result will look worse than what the camera would produce if set at 720p, the end result is that nobody in their right mind would use the 1080p option so in the end its just marketing fluff

something on me makes me feel something is wrong and i can´t trust on those Chinese OEM cam´s.
Oem will be and aways be price minded , sacrificing quality for the price , if the Lens get expensive their will replace for cheaper model , if sensor get expensive will be replaced so quality is inconsistent.
Major part of Oem don´t have any support , i figure even some brands don´t give support figure if some OEM does.
Oem made of frankstain part´s most of them , public design , some cake recipe that be working for some brand (for example now in time people copy Dod/Tio recipe AR0330 + Novatek NT96650)
was worked for dod , whit some cut´s in quality can be used for even low cust models.
Oem come whit usual cheap parts , cheap mount and cheap 12V plug.
Oem warranty is aways made by the dealer , your warranty ended ? , you on ur own.
me , my self , i can´t live whit oem , got DV-007 once was a bad experience , enough for don´t go again.
i in hope some day some big japonese brand enter on dash cam market , will be Oem killer , figure Panasonic/Samsung/Sony/LG Dash Cams , would be fantastic.

A big brand doesn't always mean the best results, Sony make an action camera which still get beaten by the GoPro which is a Chinese camera

Dashcams are more complex than sport cams if you want to get them right

The greater majority of dashcams though are bottom end junk and not really fit for purpose

jokiin said:
A big brand doesn't always mean the best results, Sony make an action camera which still get beaten by the GoPro which is a Chinese camera

Dashcams are more complex than sport cams if you want to get them right

The greater majority of dashcams though are bottom end junk and not really fit for purpose

Go pro is a Brand , i not clashing all chinese makers :mrgreen: .
i saying i just dislike Chinese Oem

by the Way a close friend has a Go Pro hero 3 Black and support is a thing from other world , they replied his answers aways he got problem

thing i trying say if a big brand whit great support and quality control enter on market of dash cams , going be a Oem Doom.

Exist Crap on dash cam markets because , 1 stupid people for buy crap ( remember my topic about dumb asses buying a 640x dashcam for 200 bucks :mrgreen: )
and 2 because there was no competition , dash cam market is a big circle whit cheap cams on border and expensive cams on other border , there was no much competition.
if enter a big brand at 120 bucks will do a *boom* :D for example i´ve seem excellent canon cams under 120 bucks , they can do if they want.

by the way it´s fun to watch and fun to discuss about.

GeorgesNJR said:
if enter a big brand at 120 bucks will do a *boom* :D for example i´ve seem excellent canon cams under 120 bucks , they can do if they want.

of course any big brand could do this, I doubt they will though as there would be no profit in it and it's not a branding exercise like digital cameras where they want to upsell you to better products and the entry cameras are just loss leaders

I intend to buy a dashcam like this LS650W, maybe from Foxoffer, maybe from aliexpress. Is there the possibility that the seller to verify the camera, so that I don't have the unpleasant surprise like the creator of this thread?
What do you think about the user Shenzen Givoe Technology, from aliexpress?

I bought on February 24, from FoxOffer.com LS650W NT96650 Car Dash Camcorder. I received it on March 12.
I think the camera doesn’t work properly. When I want to see a clip (movie) the image is completely damaged, the screen monitor is freezing and after that the image is flickering.
To view the clips I tried many players (VLC, QuickTime, BS, Windows Media Player) but the result was the same. I emailed foxoffer first time on March, 18 but they haven't replied yet.
I think the camera has a software problem and maybe is covered by warranty. Is there a way to fix this?

Thank you.

Fox offer is a reputable vendor and sells good product. Remember everyone wants cheap cheap prices but still demand the highest level of service, testing, paying return shipping etc.
Its human nature to find that awesome deal... Remember to look at the whole picture when selecting your retailer.
Testing takes some time to do a good job, warranty in your region also saves you turn around time, you also deal with someone in your time zone. Finally these businesses are smaller and making a name for themselves = more likely to come to a solution quickly.
Also more of your money stays in your country, supporting local business!

I ordered an LS650W from Foxoffer, thinking that it's a smaller version of the GT300W. I was wrong.

First, I had static noise when sound was enabled. The night video quality was also a joke. WDR gave me "black snow" even during daytime. Motion detection didn't work and recordings were of different lengths even if I specified 5 or 10 minutes in the settings.

I wanted to "fix" these but now I couldn't. The camera died after less than 24 hours of use. :shock: When I turn it on with a microSD card in it, all the lights flash for 5 seconds and nothing happens. When I turn it on without the memory card, the buttons light for a second and nada.

It's not a battery problem because it has power. I've tried resetting it using the tiny hole, but it also did nothing.

Is there a way to fix this that I'm not aware of without sending it back? I waited for a month for this to get delivered, and then this happens.

I've e-mailed Foxoffer twice but they haven't replied.

Cheers.

Back