LS650W From Foxoffer Died -- What to Do?

Swordfish

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I ordered an LS650W from Foxoffer, thinking that it's a smaller version of the GT300W. I was wrong.

First, I had static noise when sound was enabled. The night video quality was also a joke. WDR gave me "black snow" even during daytime. Motion detection didn't work and recordings were of different lengths even if I specified 5 or 10 minutes in the settings.

I wanted to "fix" these but now I couldn't. The camera died after less than 24 hours of use. :shock: When I turn it on with a microSD card in it, all the lights flash for 5 seconds and nothing happens. When I turn it on without the memory card, the buttons light for a second and nada.

It's not a battery problem because it has power. I've tried resetting it using the tiny hole, but it also did nothing.

Is there a way to fix this that I'm not aware of without sending it back? I waited for a month for this to get delivered, and then this happens.

I've e-mailed Foxoffer twice but they haven't replied.

Cheers.

send their rep here a message, at least you'll know by checking your outbox that it's actually received

They usually reply to emails within 12 hours. They seem to reasonable and I'm pretty sure they'll work something out with you.

try add them on skype is very fast comunication when they online.

They asked me to ship it back, so I shipped it to them this afternoon. Paid about $15 for shipping. Very inconvenient.

Swordfish said:
They asked me to ship it back, so I shipped it to them this afternoon. Paid about $15 for shipping. Very inconvenient.

There is nothing to blame a Foxoffer, they are not a manufacturer. This could happen if you would buy from any other seller.

Return shipping costs must be paid by buyer, - this is the policy of almost all online sellers.
We all want to get very cheap price. If the same product would be sold by local retail shop with full on the spot warranty / replacement it would cost double because of huge extra costs and margins which allows them to do a quick on the spot swap, but for this service you pay double of price on the first place.

Online resellers operates on very little margins with a condition that if something happends, you pay return shipping cost and they pay postage when new shipped back to you.
Foxoffer is not a manufacturer so fault is nothing to do with them. This can happen to even 3-4 times higher priced premium brand Korean brand. Most important that seller reacts instantly to resolve a problem. You will not find that many resellers these days who solves problems as quickly as Foxoffer.

For example if latest phone cost in local shop 600eur, but online international website i can get same new phone for 450-500eur, yes i am saving huge money, but I understand and accept fact if something happens I need to send it back for my own expense and loosing time on waiting upon repaired or replaced one arrives.

Hope you understand what I am trying to say.

They will also tell you to ship USPS and be prepared to wit about 3-4 weeks for shipping to be completed

I'm not blaming Foxoffer. I just said it's inconvenient to me. :eek:

bobn27613 said:
They will also tell you to ship USPS and be prepared to wit about 3-4 weeks for shipping to be completed

I shipped it via registered mail. Even if they wanted to ship the package via Fedex or UPS, I won't do so unless they're paying for it. I'm sending it from Manila and shipping is very expensive.

Damn, I ordered one a week ago... crossing my fingers it was a unit fault, and not the whole production line.
Anyway, I am sorry to hear this and hope it will turn out ok for you.

I'm new to dashcams, and I thought a cam in this budget will get me started. I read good things about NT96650, and the video samples in FoxOffer site seemed adequate enough.

I will update as soon as I receive it.

dabaz said:
Damn, I ordered one a week ago... crossing my fingers it was a unit fault, and not the whole production line.
Anyway, I am sorry to hear this and hope it will turn out ok for you.

I'm new to dashcams, and I thought a cam in this budget will get me started. I read good things about NT96650, and the video samples in FoxOffer site seemed adequate enough.

I will update as soon as I receive it.

I thought the samples were more than adequate. To be fair, daytime videos were good if you disabled WDR, but night videos were pathetic. Very far from what I saw on Foxoffer's website.

Sent from my Galaxy Note

Swordfish said:
Sorry for the problem, will fully refund your money and also will pay your cost for shipping back.
As niko said,normally it is buyer's responsibility to pay the cost for shipping back. But this camera died in less than a week, so this time foxoffer will pay the cost for shipping back.
Thanks for Swordfish cooperation to ship it back, if you still trust foxoffer, I'd like to help you buy a good dashcam.

billknow said:
Swordfish said:
Sorry for the problem, will fully refund your money and also will pay your cost for shipping back.
As niko said,normally it is buyer's responsibility to pay the cost for shipping back. But this camera died in less than a week, so this time foxoffer will pay the cost for shipping back.
Thanks for Swordfish cooperation to ship it back, if you still trust foxoffer, I'd like to help you buy a good dashcam.

Thank you very much. I just bought a Mobius from Ebay (I don't see it on your website) for my mountain bike, but I still need another dashcam for my car's back. I already have a Lukas LK-7900 in front. What do you suggest? Thanks again for a good service. I hope you win more customers from this forum.

Cheers,
Norman

Received the return camera from swordfish, the camera can not power on, but after the firmware update, it works well. I am not sure whether this camera have updated with other firmware.
Sometimes we copy the firmware to the memory card, and didn't delete the firmware after the upgrade, then use this memory card for other camera which use same solution, so this camera will upgrade automatically, but this firmware is wrong.
The GT300W firmware can not used for ls650w, gt200w, non-brand ls300w.

Is there a way for the firmware to get corrupted somehow? I was using a third-party viewer (Registrator) when the camera suddenly stopped working.

Swordfish said:
Is there a way for the firmware to get corrupted somehow? I was using a third-party viewer (Registrator) when the camera suddenly stopped working.
I will test more with this camera.
Money fully refund and also paid your returning shipping cost.

Thank you. My replacement camera will most likely be bought from Foxoffer. Hopefully it will be [almost] perfect.

Sent from my Galaxy Note

Swordfish said:
Thank you. My replacement camera will most likely be bought from Foxoffer. Hopefully it will be [almost] perfect.

Sent from my Galaxy Note

Within 100 +/- price range I can see on foxoffer some dash cams based on NT96550 + AR0330, but most tested with good feedback is GT300W. It also has now latest firmware with number plate stamp, AWB, image rotation.
I have ls300w for now 5 month, very good dash cam, but bad thing is encrypted firmware that very hard to get updates. GT300W has more userfriendly firmware with constant updates.

Hmm... DX have good choises.
http://www.dealextreme.com/p/ls650w-2-7 ... r=34774240
sku_230495_3_small.jpg

LS650W 2.7" TFT CMOS Wide Angle WDR 1080P Car DVR w/ G-sensor / Night Vision / AV-Out / TF - Black
US$ 76.80

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/h802-4x-op ... r=34774240
H802 HD 5.0MP Wide Angle Wide Dynamic Car DVR w/ Night Vision / 4X Optical Zoom / AV-out / HDMI

And this new one, dx is improving.
http://www.dealextreme.com/p/hwz-k2000- ... r=34774240
sku_234034_1_small.jpg

HWZ K2000 1080P 2.5" TFT 1.3MP CMOS Car DVR Camcorder w/ 2-LED Night Vision - Black
(Added on 8/6/2013)Price: US$ 54.00

Prices are dropping and FullHD-features are coming the most common.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jack007 said:
Hmm... DX have good choises.
http://www.dealextreme.com/p/ls650w-2-7 ... r=34774240
sku_230495_3_small.jpg

LS650W 2.7" TFT CMOS Wide Angle WDR 1080P Car DVR w/ G-sensor / Night Vision / AV-Out / TF - Black
US$ 76.80

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/h802-4x-op ... r=34774240
H802 HD 5.0MP Wide Angle Wide Dynamic Car DVR w/ Night Vision / 4X Optical Zoom / AV-out / HDMI

And this new one, dx is improving.
http://www.dealextreme.com/p/hwz-k2000- ... r=34774240
sku_234034_1_small.jpg

HWZ K2000 1080P 2.5" TFT 1.3MP CMOS Car DVR Camcorder w/ 2-LED Night Vision - Black
(Added on 8/6/2013)Price: US$ 54.00

Prices are dropping and FullHD-features are coming the most common.

I guess you have not bought them and no real test done yourself to give fair practical advice?
There is no point offering ls650w second time if buyer had bad experience on the first place despite it looks good on the paper.
K2000 is useless, it has 1/4 cmos which is no good in modern world for good night video quality and high resolution.
Having advertised "FullHD" means nothing. There are tons of other more important factors that makes up a good reliable dash cam.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back