Lukas 7900 Has video issues.

Robert Frarey

Reaction score
Country
United States
Wondering if this is a setting issue, firmware issue, memory card issue or just a junk camera. Any help would be very much appreciated.

The lukas uses a different "darker" setting for the video in parking mode, as soon as it go back to normal mode or get triggered to do a event recording that recording should allso be with brighter video settings.

You can see the issue in my test video here.
As you can see as soon as the camera detect me moving around the footage get brighter as it start motion recording.

I have notified lukas about this issue about a month ago, assume it will be fixed with next new firmware ( xx32 )

That was a very good video. Describes your point very well. Thank you.

Rob it looks like you have your sharpness turned up to high as its high contrast but switches when the voice comes on then back again are all your videos like this?

Yes he might allso have sharpness turned up, to me the regular footage ( 2 persone walking by ) allso looked a Little wierd. ( ther outline )
I just assumed Robert liked it that way and was bothered by the difference in exposure depending on what mode the camera is in while filming.

I think all my video settings are default, but cant be sure as i have formatted my computer and dont have lukas viewer installed ATM.

Turns out the AE setting was too high. It said high for SUV, my truck is high, like an SUV. Guess too much sun-sky in the video. All my videos were like that, images had an outline around them at times. Sorta looked like a metallic negative. My best advice is to only change one setting at a time. I changed too many at once. Thank you all for your help.

I received an email from Lukas this morning there are no plans at this moment in time for a firmware update for the LK7900ACE current version remains AC31 The LK7900ARA with OBD2 should be available within a month. The LK9700 Duo hopefully will be released by the middle of the year if not a little before.......Ipol

I was fearing that with the new cams out and all, Again its not a bad fault as the camera is still able to pick up movement in really dark conditions.

I can live with xx31 :)

On the other hand,,,,,, just got a good tax refund,,,,,,, might spend some mony on somthing.

Back