Lukas Ace Blackbox 7900 file question

Manicmechanic

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have been trying to take some capture shots off of my videos but I cannot find or even determine if it is taking them, by clicking on the camera icon in the tabs above the video playback. If it is taking a capture shot where is it saving it?
Thanks

OK I think I found out what is happening to you: You can only take a shot *while the video is playing*. Then it will ask you where to save it. Note that the dialog is also defective. You MUST give it the .bmp extension or it will save it without it and you will be unable to open it.

Yes that was my problem, I was stopping the video and using the slider and magnifier to get the closest shot while paused and it wouldn't do it. Got it to work in motion, and it came up with the correct .bmp extension. I had already gotten the pic I wanted using Alt-printscreen and then using paint to save it. Stinks that jpeg is not an option.

I'm not sure why they don't offer any alternative file types.

If Windows 7 or later just use the built in 'Snipping Tool' to grab what you want. It lets you save as .jpg or .png. I just play fullscreen in Windows Media Player and pause where I want the capture then snip away.

Last edited:
Back