Lukas dashcams: do you have any GPS issues?

You don't have to install lukas viewer to play files.
Any decent video player works and I'm sure cops already have few players installed on their machines.

Sunny, without the viewer, you do not get the Google Maps and other goodies imbedded in the video, or at least I have not been able to see anything other than what is in the video itself. There is no x, y, z information on acceleration, deceleration or easily readable speed info. Yes, the movie is viewable, I just want all the capabilities available in my camera.

As for Calgary Dash Camera CDC Canada. We providing our customer with first class service. This includes free (including full free shipping to send the camera back to us) camera replacements if this ever becomes an issue with any of the Lukas camera.
We deal directly with Lukas, and visit Korea twice a year personally to bring up camera issues/ return malfunctioned units.

@CalgaryDashCam, While I appreciate you plugging your business and how you feel you provide first class service, I would like to hear your responses to my questions that I asked in my previous reply to you in post 15. I am sure I am not the only one, including my dealer would like to hear what you have to say:
How is Lukas going to resolve this GPS issue for customers such as myself? Are they going to swap the device? If so, how does one know which versions and batches are fixed that no longer have this issue? Mine is the 9500 duo. I would like this resolved before my warranty runs out.

Sunny, without the viewer, you do not get the Google Maps and other goodies imbedded in the video, or at least I have not been able to see anything other than what is in the video itself. There is no x, y, z information on acceleration, deceleration or easily readable speed info. Yes, the movie is viewable, I just want all the capabilities available in my camera.

Sorry Sundancer268 I didn't fully understand your request before.
I fully agree a portable program that launches of the SD card would be great!! I will see what I can do.

@CalgaryDashCam, While I appreciate you plugging your business and how you feel you provide first class service, I would like to hear your responses to my questions that I asked in my previous reply to you in post 15. I am sure I am not the only one, including my dealer would like to hear what you have to say:

Google, as I said before. Calgary Dash Camera has always been committed to providing first class customer service, such as replacing any camera that exhibits any manufacture fault.
So far we have only have a couple of the cameras come back with this issue. The vast majority of the LK9XX0's that we have sold are continuing to perform perfectly. If however we find that more then 2% of the Lukas cameras we sell come back with this problem in particular, then we would look at pulling them off our shelves. Additionally if we find that this GPS thing because a problem after the 1 year warranty expires, we will ensure that our customers are taken care of with free upgrades to the current years model.

We regularly talk with Witness Auto Dash Cam (BC's only authorized lukas distributor). They have yet to say anything to us about pulling the GPS from their Lukas dash cameras.

Specifically if you are having problems with your camera. You need to have the retailer you purchased your camera from exchange, or replace, or refund you.

Does anyone know who else I can talk to about my lack of GPS on my 9700 Duo? I still have not heard back from FineView camera on my problems with the GPS and getting it resolved before the warranty runs out.

Back