Lukas 9500 discontinued?

Google

Reaction score
Country
Canada
It's no longer in Lukas' store. Not even on Calgary Dash Cam's website.

how long ago was that model released?

The model was released summer of 2014. Lukas updated their website in January stating that the 2015 version was out with a resolution upgrade to the rear camera. Then, poof, it just disappeared. You can still get firmware updates though. the latest was on 2015-03-22.

i am hoping it's a recall.

Yes, the lk9500 is replaced by its predecessor the lk9550. However both the lk9550 and lk9150 are only being sold domestically do to low international demand.

Both the lk9350 and lk9750 are available internationally though.

Lukas has always been good with keeping product software up to date.

I should mention that the upgraded lk9x50 models include the new Sony IMX322 image sensor and improved rear camera that is capable of 1080P recording

Yup.

So the 9500 has been discontinued, yet the 9700 is still available. I can see this turning into a battle. I guess it's time to contact my credit card company and get a chargeback for a defective product line.

Google,

The 9500 was not discontinued due to a "defective product line"

Google,
The 9500 was not discontinued due to a "defective product line"

While officially (publicly) it may not be a defective product line, any reasonable person can infer it probably was, at least in part, given the issues with the 9500.

As for me, I have no trust in Lukas as their official position with me was to deny the GPS issue. While you can continue to promote Lukas products, I shall not recommend them to anyone. 'Nuff said.

Back