Lukas will provide longer cables for big vehicles (full size vans)

BusterDuster

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Lukas 7950, Mobius C2
I Contacted Lukas regarding 5M cable issue for my Toyota Sienna, installers say they need 20-25 feet for rear camera... Quick response below::

Hello Dale
Thank you for your interest in Lukas.
As you point out 5m cable is basic component installation part of Dash Cam.
7m & 11m are available too.
We are only company who supply with longer than 10m for full HD connection cable in the market.
There are many manufacturers who can’t supply longer connection cable with technical reason.
But we do. Don’t worry. We start to distribute from next week to our dealers.
So please contact our local dealer in next week. They will start to sell it for you.

Contact D.J.Lee
Thank you again
Best Regards
Lukas CS Team
Tel: +82 2 2093 1256 Cell : +82 10 7287 3338 Fax: +82 2 2093 1264
Email: kevin@qrontech.com lukasqrontech@gmail.com
Address: 583 Yangcheon-ro #A/1201 ,Gangseo-gu, Seoul S Korea 157779

Subject: LK-7950 WD - rear camera cable length

Hi Jokim,
I am interested in the LK-7950 WD dash cam.
I have a Toyota Sienna Van and I don’t think the 5 meter cable will be long enough to reach the rear camera.
Other similar products offer a 6 meter cable.
There may be a technical reason why you limit it to 5 meters, but is a 6 meter cable available or could be substituted?

Thank you,
Dale

There may be a technical reason why you limit it to 5 meters, but is a 6 meter cable available or could be substituted?

Thank you,
Dale

on models that use the TI send/receive chipset the practical limitation is 15M, if the cables are proprietary that's more of a problem as you can only get whatever the manufacturer offers, if using standard cables it's much easier

on models that use the TI send/receive chipset the practical limitation is 15M, if the cables are proprietary that's more of a problem as you can only get whatever the manufacturer offers, if using standard cables it's much easier
Thanks for the info, so if I go this route with say a 7 meter cable I should be good to go? The wiring installed will be proprietary for Lukas so if I ever change to another system then new cable & installation... correct? The standard cable that comes with it is probably proprietary too I imagine...

I have found that there are some inconsistencies in the versions rear camera cable. I have had some 9700s that were upgraded to 9750 need to swap out the cable. (Camera goes into endless restart loop) while other 9700 upgrades that did not need to have the cable replaced.

Oh I should add. The Lukas sourced long cables. We have the 5M & 7M cables in stock. And will have the 11M cables in stock shortly.
We don't have any of them currently listed, but if anyone is interested. Just send us a email.

I have found that there are some inconsistencies in the versions rear camera cable. I have had some 9700s that were upgraded to 9750 need to swap out the cable. (Camera goes into endless restart loop) while other 9700 upgrades that did not need to have the cable replaced.
Interesting news, have taken the suspect cables and tried on other units to duplicate the failure?

Really don't know how the last firmware bump (Fi11) washed out, threads seemed to just stop here. How has the feedback been with your customers?

We haven't had any customer comments on Fi11 yet, however we just uploaded it to our site yesterday.

I have only updated my demo 9700 with the latest firmware at this point, and have not tried to see if the firmware up date changes the cable compatibilities.

I have taken the problem cables and successfully ran them when used on older 9700's.

I was originally thinking it might be a pin out design change. However that is just a wild guess.

We haven't had any customer comments on Fi11 yet, however we just uploaded it to our site yesterday.

I have only updated my demo 9700 with the latest firmware at this point, and have not tried to see if the firmware up date changes the cable compatibilities.

I have taken the problem cables and successfully ran them when used on older 9700's.

I was originally thinking it might be a pin out design change. However that is just a wild guess.
I think that's a pretty good guess. If so, not a great sign as the units should have some revision control if their are hardware differences.

Do you happen to know if the 7 Meter causes any loss in video quality from the original 5 Meter? Thanks

I am going to have to investigate this further. I want to try swapping some older cables with the 9750. And then figure out which model/ revision they made the change too.

We didn't notice any difference in quality when we tested with the 9700, but we haven't tried them out on the 7950 or 9750 yet. Might as well check that out as well while I am testing for the other issue.

Oh I should add. The Lukas sourced long cables. We have the 5M & 7M cables in stock. And will have the 11M cables in stock shortly.
We don't have any of them currently listed, but if anyone is interested. Just send us a email.
I went on your website and filled out the contact page regarding 7M cable but no reply, don't know what your email is...

I went on your website and filled out the contact page regarding 7M cable but no reply, don't know what your email is...
Good evening BusterDuster,

Sorry about this! I just tested the contact us forum on our new site and can confirm there is a error with it sending out messages.
Thank you for letting me know!!
Please feel free to email me at Rob@calgarydashcam.com

Quick update,

I did some playing around with USB accessories, and found that you can successfully connect two 5 or 7 meter rear view cables together. However you can not connect two 11m cables together.

With this I was able to do a install for a customer who wanted a review camera in his rear truck window, and a reviewer camera at the back of his RV. I installed the 5M cable running to his truck window, and then had a 7M running from his back truck window to his RV. So when he hooks up his RV he only needs to unplug the 5M out of the trucks rearview cable and then plug that into the 7M.

Is it possible to buy the longer cables by themselves?

Back