M2 footage dash and action

1080/30 look better i think, forgot to bring memorycard from GC camera to have a baseline to compare to.

But right now i am sort of done processing my dinner so i will go down to my car to retrive the memory card.

Will update with some frame grabs shortly.

Okay my dirty windscreen dont make it better, but this time of year i can clean it so its top noch, but before i am out of town then it look like this again.

don't go to too much trouble, haven't had a chance to have a look at low light yet myself (coming into summer it's still light out at 8.30pm here), was just interested if the night results had improved, the daytime results look better than previous already

hehe by that time up here its pitch black :( and its +1 month before things start to change for the better again.

Sunset tomorrow is 16:13 :(

No wonder it looks like a ghost town at 7 pm in your videos.

A little street near the police station here.

GadehvidVwGC.jpg

GadehvidvwM2.jpg

M2 60FPS.
GadehvidVwGC1.jpg

The library.

BibliotekGC.jpg

BibliotekM2.jpg

M2 60FPS.
Bibliotek60M21.jpg

The horse.

hestenGC1.jpg

HestenM2.jpg

M2 60FPS.
Hesten60M21.jpg

Same 3 locations/angle on streetview in the daytime.

https://www.google.dk/maps/@56.4625...XhKgftIoBEl0UZcYdknQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=da

https://www.google.dk/maps/@56.4603...XoQngoWuLKg7Itlay7IA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=da

https://www.google.dk/maps/@56.4609...V7wDFLsdQNVAehAjFO6A!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=da

Last edited:
The M2 in that last picture is just KAPOW bright, it do seem like the M2 do better than the GC when there is a little light to work with, in lower light it dont seem to perform much better in regard to brightness of footage.

Just took a run around town in the darkness, settings still the same as above.

You drive faster at 1080p30 ;)
Both looked OK on my small phone screen - I'll view later on a bigger screen. I have a preference for 1080p60 at night for more detail, provided that the camera can get enough light.

I also have the same route in 60 FPS, but it look darker than 30 FPS at least in the parts of the drive with little light, but let me dig out the same 3 places in the 60 FPS footage just for fun.

PS. The GC have wdr on, no such think on the M2.

The M2 in that last picture is just KAPOW bright, it do seem like the M2 do better than the GC when there is a little light to work with, in lower light it dont seem to perform much better in regard to brightness of footage.
The M2 / GC last picture are not the same location?

Updated #165 with M2 60 FPS framegraps.

Haha true :rolleyes::( ill fix now

There you go, almost screwed over SG :oops:

But still the M2 is more "kapow" there in regard to brightness.

Matter little though, i am sure SG will be back with a vengeance soon. :)

Last edited:
@Dashmellow What player are you using for H.265 videos from the Mobius 2. VLC or Quicktime don't work for me. Using Potplayer via Parallels works but in my MBP's case the video is jerky and skips. 1080p @60 H.264 playback is smoother since upgrading to Sierra (again for my old configuration MBP).

Although I have tested and experimented with H.265 on the Mobius 2 I have no intention of using it while deploying the M2 as a dash cam as explained in detail in my recent post about the subject of H.265 in regard to dash cams that you will find HERE. The issues you describe with trying to easily view H.265 files on your Mac are part and parcel with exactly why I do not recommend using H.265 in any situation where you may have to hand off video files to law enforcement, insurance companies, attorneys, etc., who very likely will not have computers or appropriate software for viewing H.265 files and many of these individuals will not even know what the term "H.265" means. Your invaluable clip proving your innocence in a particular matter may end up being useless, especially of you find yourself having to submit raw original conformed copies. So the result is that I have focused most of my testing on H.264 with the M2.

For viewing H.265 video on a Mac (and virtually any other codec or format) I highly recommend MPlayerX.

I also have the same route in 60 FPS, but it look darker than 30 FPS at least in the parts of the drive with little light, but let me dig out the same 3 places in the 60 FPS footage just for fun.

PS. The GC have wdr on, no such think on the M2.
Do you have the SGCCPL on the GC?

I think thats differences in contrast / saturation that do that ?

Trying to be neutral, from your non WDR screenshots above, in a crop side by side, I think there's more a semblance of numbers on number plate of the car next to the drive through booth on the right pic than the left, and the booth sign right looks very slightly clearer. Not much in it though. FYI, assuming I copied everything correctly, Mobius Left, Guardian Right:

Combined.jpg

For viewing H.265 video on a Mac (and virtually any other codec or format) I highly recommend MPlayerX.

MPlayerX doesn't work for me. The strange thing is that H.265 files downloaded off the internet (the magnetized ones) work fine even with VLC but the raw files shared by Kamkar1 don't work either with VLC or MPX.

Those daytime frame graps are by @TonyM

My SG camera is a Version 1 i got even before they hit sale 2 years ago, and i dont have CPL filter on mine.
But i can see Tony are running the latest beta firmware on what i assume is a V2 GC camera, sadly those have yet to filter down to us with the V1 cameras.

Last edited:
Trying to be neutral, from your non WDR screenshots above, in a crop side by side, I think there's more a semblance of numbers on number plate of the car next to the drive through booth on the right pic than the left, and the booth sign right looks very slightly clearer. Not much in it though. FYI, assuming I copied everything correctly, Mobius Left, Guardian Right:

View attachment 27374

which appears better can vary throughout, no camera will get the best shot of every frame of every recording

MPlayerX doesn't work for me. The strange thing is that H.265 files downloaded off the internet (the magnetized ones) work fine even with VLC but the raw files shared by Kamkar1 don't work either with VLC or MPX.

MPlayerX seems to always handle everything I throw at it.

Back