Man drives car off of flat bed tow truck to avoid towing - Success? [UK]

that went a whole lot better than I thought it would.......

Much better then when i nicked a pice of concrete about 30x30x30 cm thats was hidden in the tall grass along a dirt road. :oops:

Thankfully we dont have that kind of towing here, or i do think we have but then you will have to just leave your car in the mittle of the road or on a train track.
If you just park where its not allowed along the curbe you will just get fined 1200 DKkr.

It is the TOP GEAR UK approved suspension test :D

My front R Wheel dident like that treatment, but i nicked the concrete so Little it "only" trashed my tire and the very outside of my rim, the panel was not damaged.

Had to rebuild that corner aside for the drive axle and the shock absorber, and then i had to go and get the front realigned.

Offcourse this happned on a sunday, and offcourse at a time where i had no spare Wheel :rolleyes: but i found a salvage yard where i got a cheap rim and Wheel that i could drive home on ( hanging on tight to the steeringwheel as the car was pulling a lot to one side )

Now there is something you dont see every day..........

I watched a repo wrecker chasing a small car up my street Friday- no way the little 4cyl was going to get away from his big V8 :p I don't know the outcome but it was funny at the time. Younger man driving the car looked nervous and worried, older wrecker driver with a huge grin.

Phil

I like the top gear episode where the little guy testdrive the Maruader, that guy trying to tow that one dont go fra :D ( forward at least )

I watched a repo wrecker chasing a small car up my street Friday- no way the little 4cyl was going to get away from his big V8 :p I don't know the outcome but it was funny at the time. Younger man driving the car looked nervous and worried, older wrecker driver with a huge grin.

Phil
:D

Every single incident and scenario should be viewed as per own perspective: what if it was you?
Got to be honest (ignoring the value of the vehicle) 3/4 I'd do it, if not legal repercussions, and I would justify 5/6 others to do so, even bad parking does annoy me, but penalties in theory should be enough

Back