March Winter Madness in Ottawa

MobileGlances

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
Nikon AW-110
Get a glimpse of downtown traffic in Ottawa Canada on a sloppy snowy March day last. You'll also get a glimpse of a two way bike lane that runs parallel to a one way street. The camera is on the body of my tricycle which I dubbed "fearless winter trike" (which you can see pictures of at the midpoint).

As always, I always try to make things entertaining with just the right music ! Cheers and will the real spring come forward please ?

The cool bike is called a long john, big ones could be up to 1 M longer than that one, they was a common site when i was young, was used as delivery bikes for small stores ( well that's all there was back then )

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freight_bicycle

I wanna move to Ottawa now, we get snow like that once every 15 years :(

You just wait and see when the gulf current shut down, then we might see a new ice age up here as the rest of the world get nice and toasty.

I think we got a few inches of snow back in 2012, but it was gone in a few days.

Icebreakers was invented in the port of Hamburg, i cant see they should use such machines down there any more, i think the 2 we Danes had was mothballed or sold long ago, we had them in 1990 but thats allso the last i have seen of them, not that they was breaking ice in 1990 but i was on board them while getting my seamans papers back then.

Spring has finally arrived and I now have to decide if I keep using the fearless trike or switch to the common two wheeler. Either way, the ride is so smooth without snow, not to mention the cold !

Back