Marcus 3 :)

I want to buy the camera but the videos look bad.
I found a seller that sell her for 209$, anyone know someone that sells the camera cheaper?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/141252558147isdoo you can upload videos on 1296P and 1080P 60 FPS so we can see the real video quality?
Hi there!
Here is the real Marcus3 day & night video & unboxing:

Also you can purchase products at bebutton.com with express international shipment.

If any questions, please feel free to ask.

Now its look good, this videos are in 1080P 60 FPS?
Can you upload videos in 1296P?

Venezian, thanks for uploading that file showing the video from driving into sunlight. Very helpful!

Has anyone experienced any night-time motion blurs with this cam? I picked one up last Wednesday and they are pretty obvious and annoying.

Although, that aside, IMO that cam is pretty impressive. Daytime quality is pretty good. Also, this cam seems to be handling my xenon lights better than Lukas 7900 that I used to own and DOD LW330W that I have now. On both of the above, cars in front of me came up too bright at night. Marcus 3 seems to do a much better job as smoothing these over.

Has anyone else experienced these motion blurs? Any advice/tips on how to try to eliminate them? Could it possibly be that Marcus needs to tweak WDR settings? I've heard that they are pretty good at updating firmware, hopefully they will address that in the next version.

Last edited:
They need to work on the firmware, motion blur on the A7 is a common issue for a lot of cameras right now, they have the resources to be able to sort it out but it will take some time

Yeah we will still have to live with motion blur at night, but it sound like the M3 pack more of that than need be.

If the M3 is packing the AR0331 sensor and the A7 it should at least be as good as current good dashcams, so it seem like the vico firmware department have a Little Work to do.

I was thinking yesterday as the mecanical IR filter disengaged in my CCTV camera " we should have so light sensetive CMOS sensors that dashcams needed a simmilar mecanical filter but with 50% block of all light to make sure daytime footage is not overexposed"

Only faster exposure times can fight motion blur.

They need to work on the firmware, motion blur on the A7 is a common issue for a lot of cameras right now, they have the resources to be able to sort it out but it will take some time
Glad to know that M3 is not the only one that has this issue; I thought it was just me or I somehow may have gotten a defective unit. I'm going to send Vico an e-mail just so they are aware; but I totally understand that it may take some time for them to sort this out. After all, this camera just came out and it's on original firmware revision, which may not be perfect. As I have said before, according to many folks here Vico support is pretty responsive, so let's hope they address this. I see that they already released first FW upgrade for M1 (just not on their English site yet), but that one started shipping several weeks earlier.

Now its look good, this videos are in 1080P 60 FPS?
Can you upload videos in 1296P?
Hi there!

Thanks a lot for your feedback!
Actually raw video file was already 1296p!!!
It looks like youtube has squeezed it and/or might be that your internet speed does not allow you to see it in 1296p.

Hi there!

Thanks a lot for your feedback!
Actually raw video file was already 1296p!!!
It looks like youtube has squeezed it and/or might be that your internet speed does not allow you to see it in 1296p.
It must be a problem on YouTube because my internet speed is 100 MB.
I will really thank you and would appreciate it if you could upload the original files for download.

100 mbit :) dammm i miss my fiber connection, and it was only 30/30 i had in my house, but when i get a new Apartment i will get fiber Again and a 60/60 or 100/100.

There is no need to be on obsolete copper when there is fiberoptics in the ground many places in Denmark.

In Australia we just upgraded to wire and tin cans.
So i've heard. I don't know how you manage. It might still be faster to postmark your next raw footage upload.

Well the users paid for the fiber them self here, for decades the power Companies billed ther customers too high.
So the politicians gave them 2 routes they could take.
1. pay back the billions they overcharged.
2. lay Down fiber for the mony, and do so in the most thinly populated parts of the country.

Even tho my house was only 11 Km from the center of the 2 largest town here, all i could get on a copper was 5/1 mbit.

I call the asynchronous connections on DSL for leecher connections as you can get more than you give.

It is so nice when a 2 Gb upload to youtube take minutes and not hours :D

some screens I took.

https://mega.co.nz/#!y5JFSTzB!SFDScHWWSV1JKW0ZXqbBwjvez70oQxMDva-vyJ9F9Dw
https://mega.co.nz/#!K4IkQSKD!IF4ZeLXXGv-e18oeNTHTLizTxlhiWPFUDHUvK7lu-Ug
https://mega.co.nz/#!rhgFlZAT!gAm7rrL22idL7ZJyNAhOm5XnAtk5uoOGZrU4OfRWZQ4
https://mega.co.nz/#!W0hzXCza!Gfly_A3meD6xOifFEr5P6xNTgCzTi1eS1AKKcEAM5H0

I didn't upload a video because I left the audio recording on. This is where the blackvue media player excels in allowing you to export full or specified time from clips with or without audio. I would like to see the Marcus 3 gain some options such as allowing users to select maybe, 1,3, or 5 minute recording intervals... and that vico media player, that's got to be a joke.

This is where the blackvue media player excels in allowing you to export full or specified time from clips with or without audio.
With RegistratorViewer I can export full or a specified time from clips with or without audio or GPS if available with my Marcus 3, WF1, TF2, and G1W. I also like the dedicated mute button. I understand that you might not be able to know when you are going to need to mute something like a phone call, but between having the button on the camera wihout having to go into a menu and RegistratorViewer it does not seem like a problem.
I would like to see the Marcus 3 gain some options such as allowing users to select maybe, 1,3, or 5 minute recording intervals
I would not main gaining this, but the Emergency Record feature makes up for it a little. I personally only know of one time where the 1 min lock of the Emergency Record was not long enough to capture something, and it wasn't an accident or anything life or death.
vico media player, that's got to be a joke.
VicoPlayer is a little rough around the edges when I looked at it. I might have to give it a try because when I try RegistratorViewer sometimes it BlueScreens my computer and sometimes it works. Hopefully this is something that can be addressed, but more choice in applications is better then being locked into one.

Last edited:
Who would I contact to stay in touch w/ the latest firmware of the Marcus 3? The website doesn't have any support e-mail.

So far from my recordings, night-time video isn't all that great.

Who would I contact to stay in touch w/the latest firmware of the Marcus 3? The website doesn't have any support e-mail.
Allegedly, it should be somewhere in the Downloads section once posted. Here's the link:

http://www.vicovation.com/catalog.asp?keyid=3&lang=en

Someone in another post claimed that they should be releasing some update for M3 this week and promised to post here if they get their hands on before it's officially posted.

http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/transcend-64gb-card-marcus-3.5074/

Last edited by a moderator:
Wish that they would release it

Back