"Mass Storage" issue

BVH

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello. Newbe here. Just got my G1WCB and a new SanDisk 32Gb Class 10 card. I formatted the card on my PC. Upon camera power-up, I get one second of video and then it changes to displays the Tools screen with the only option being "Mass storage". I try to select "Mass Storage" with the "M" button and just get chirps. It seems like its telling me to format the card, but no. When I hit the Record button, the screen changes to a full screen display of "Mass Storage" with blue background. The only successful action at that point with trying all the buttons on the cam is to turn it off. I'm pretty tech-savy and feel like this is a simple issue but to my discredit, I cannot get anywhere with it. Should mention I also tried an older 2Gb card with identical results.

Last edited:
Found my answer in another identical thread displayed after I posted. Thanks for the info.

Hello. Newbe here. Just got my G1WCB and a new SanDisk 32Gb Class 10 card. I formatted the card on my PC. Upon camera power-up, I get one second of video and then it changes to displays the Tools screen with the only option being "Mass storage". I try to select "Mass Storage" with the "M" button and just get chirps. It seems like its telling me to format the card, but no. When I hit the Record button, the screen changes to a full screen display of "Mass Storage" with blue background. The only successful action at that point with trying all the buttons on the cam is to turn it off. I'm pretty tech-savy and feel like this is a simple issue but to my discredit, I cannot get anywhere with it. Should mention I also tried an older 2Gb card with identical results.
Hi,
I'm having the same problem, can you post link to the post thatr had your answer?
Thank you,
D

It can't be plugged into your PC and display live video. Unplug it and it will be working fine.

Thank you. I also had a problem with hard wiring thru transformer with a USB out connector. I used USB with USB mini cord to connect to transformer, got "Mass Storage".

I think problem is with cable. Need to cover with tape or short out USB pins 2 & 3 (pins 1 & 4 are power). I'll try clear tape to cover pins 2 & 3 and see what happens.

Back