(Massive) Recycle Central at Pier 96 in San Francisco

Street Guardian USA

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
StreetGuardian.CAM Amazon.com
I don't even bother saving my bottles for my cash deposit back. I think that I got $5 dollars the last I tried to get money for it. I had two large bags and had to drive across town wasting my fuel. Now I just give to a neighbor who is a big collector.

there's no deposit/return value on bottles/etc in texas, but our neighborhood recently (a year ago) started offering curbside single stream recycling. it's nice to see how much of our trash is recyclable - before, we would fill the 50-gallon trash can completely for both trash pickup days. now, the recycle container is overflowing, but we only have two 13-gallon kitchen trash bags each WEEK. and one of those is used baby diapers. :p

In California, we had recycling tubs since I could remember. Now we have giant rolling bins. At least you aren't like hillbillies out there in Texas and burn your trash instead having service.

Every week on trash day, we do get people picking through the recycle bin for bottles and cans. Thats the downside of the recycle bin.

Yeah the scrap metal guys are always picking. at least the ones in this neighborhood don't leave a mess and are quiet. at my last place they always woke us up and left crap all over the street.

as for burning... i think you were joking, but the only times i see stuff being burned is when someone's just cleared a bunch of land or is just burning leaves from autumn cleanup. most places have laws against burning, especially in city areas, so you only see it in rural areas where people have a lot of land and the smoke won't bother very many people, if it affects anyone at all.

that said, most places will try to turn plant waste into mulch or compost whenever possible, since mulch has gotten pricey lately.

That looks like the good place to make offers ...they can't refuse.
Why didn't you show us the part where you stop, and 3 guys in front of you are waiting with a black suitcase ? :cool:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Peter Wilson Your Dash Cam Videos (recorded by you) 5
Back