Micro SD Card not detected by computer after 1st day with dashcam

Serenity23

Reaction score
Country
United States
I inserted the Micro SD card into the computer before inserting it into the A119 dash cam to ensure it was working. I then formatted using the dash cam. I went for a drive this morning (and made sure it was recording), and removed the micro sd card when I got home. I inserted the card into an SD card reader, and I get nothing.

The drive does show up as H:, but I can't open it. Disk Management freaks out and stops responding, and I've tried multiple PCs.

It's a Samsung EVO 64 GB card. I'll try a 32 GB EVO and see how that works, but it's certainly strange.

I went for a drive this morning (and made sure it was recording), and removed the micro sd card when I got home. I inserted the card into an SD card reader, and I get nothing.
would you describe step by step the card removal from the camera, please.

...and the microSD adapter. I took my microSD from the adapter whilst in my Mac and something odd happened. Taking the adapter out (and in) with the microSD card in it solved my issue.

tried a different card reader?
Yes. Tried two different brands, different USB ports, same result.

would you describe step by step the card removal from the camera, please.
Turn off car. Push the already inserted microSD so it pops out. Take out microSD card.

...and the microSD adapter. I took my microSD from the adapter whilst in my Mac and something odd happened. Taking the adapter out (and in) with the microSD card in it solved my issue.
No difference. Tried multiple SD card adapters as well. My card reader has a microSD slot, so I tried using both an SD card adapter + card reader / and inserting microSD into the card reader and no difference.

trying a different card is next obvious thing

you can also test the card you have for errors/authenticity

Turn off car. Push the already inserted microSD so it pops out. Take out microSD card.
is your power outlet always "ON"?
the camera after power cut off still records for a couple of seconds the footage it has in memory to a card. if you try to remove the card during recording you can damage the card.
according to the "symptoms" of your card it's a "goner". return it right away, if you can. most likely you will not be able to recover a card or any video files from it.

does the video play in the camera itself? or maybe try bringing the camera inside with the card in it, and connecting the camera to the pc via usb?

trying a different card is next obvious thing

you can also test the card you have for errors/authenticity
Yeah that's the plan. I have a few 32 GB cards, so I'll give it a try.

is your power outlet always "ON"?
the camera after power cut off still records for a couple of seconds the footage it has in memory to a card. if you try to remove the card during recording you can damage the card.
according to the "symptoms" of your card it's a "goner". return it right away, if you can. most likely you will not be able to recover a card or any video files from it.
No. Power is cut off after the car is turned off. I had gone inside the house first after turning off the car and then I came back outside. I forgot to mention that.

I had gone inside the house first after turning off the car and then I came back outside. I forgot to mention that.

OK, good that there was a delay. i always wait for the red REC light to go off after power is cut, which sometimes takes a few seconds. just to make sure it's done closing the last file.

i always wait for the red REC light to go off after power is cut, which sometimes takes a few seconds. just to make sure it's done closing the last file.
I have all light indicators off, and the screen saver set to 15sec. there is no indications on the camera that would lead you in to a conclusion that the camera is recording. and both my cameras configured the same way and connected to a "hidden" power bank. a couple of days ago I took my car to a dealer shop for a maintenance (took more then 3 hours). the power bank was connected through a Bestek (mentioned earlier) and to the only power outlet in a car, and technicians unplugged it (Bestek). but the cameras kept recording every bit of a video and sound. in 2 directions. :)

Tried a couple of 32 GB cards. For some strange reason, after formatting within the device, the device just froze. Tried another 32 GB card and it worked. I'm going for a test drive now.

I think the last format of a card should be done by a camera.

Tried a couple of 32 GB cards. For some strange reason, after formatting within the device, the device just froze. Tried another 32 GB card and it worked. I'm going for a test drive now.
If you still have issues, try and default your settings and try the camera that way. Maybe your preferred settings are exposing a bug. Unless, of coarse, your already using the camera on default settings.

@viofo Can you tell me if you have an ETA for the new A119-S to be available on AMAZON.CA. Thanks

Last edited:
If you still have issues, try and default your settings and try the camera that way. Maybe your preferred settings are exposing a bug. Unless, of coarse, your already using the camera on default settings.
It was all on default IIRC, except for the mic. I prefer that off. Anyway, for some reason, the camera defaulted to the original settings after the freeze.

Anyway here's some silent (for now, added an ad-free track from youtube) footage.

Back