A119: Looping problems with new SanDisk 128GB High Endurance Micro SD Card

MagicSpark

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I have A119 with new SanDisk 128GB High Endurance Micro SD Card.
Card was formatted by A119 camera. The looping was configured for 2 minutes
As soon as SD Card fills up, it stops recording and begin to restart all the time during driving.
Manual reformat in A119 camera resolves the issue until SD Card fills up again.
Any idea how to fix the looping issue? Thanks

You could try a different card to see if it helps but "boot looping" is usually a sign that the camera is failing and it will only get worse. It cannot be fixed. It is probably time to start shopping for a new camera.

If you have an original A119 V1 or a V2 you've gotten pretty good service out of it at this point. The newer A119 V3 is an excellent, reliable and well priced replacement option. - Plus, it offers 2K video. There is also the new A119 mini which has WiFi.

"boot looping" is usually a sign that the camera is failing

The "boot looping" is side effect of camera failure to delete old files. I'd like to know what is the root cause for failure to delete old files.
I assume there is configuration issue here or may be camera doesn't support 128 GB sd cards? Only 32 GB or 64GB?

Shopping for another camera is out of the question.

Thanks

The "boot looping" is side effect of camera failure to delete old files. I'd like to know what is the root cause for failure to delete old files.
I assume there is configuration issue here or may be camera doesn't support 128 GB sd cards? Only 32 GB or 64GB?

Shopping for another camera is out of the question.

Thanks

"Boot looping", especially in an older camera like yours is usually a sign that it is likely failing with or without the extra problem of failure to delete files. I don't know the technical reason why this happens with certain older cameras. Even the manufacturers that have been asked about this have been unable to offer a definitive explanation.

You could try another memory card as I suggested and see if it fixes the problem. You could also try re-flashing the firmware. You could also try pressing the rest button on the side of the camera using a bent paper clip, which is also a good practice after reinstalling the firmware anyway. Nevertheless, I do believe your camera is near end of life, if it is not there already. At best, most dash cams only last for several years and you seem to have gotten very good service from your A119. Perhaps someone else may have a suggestion. Maybe you can get this one working properly again.

In any event, if you are unwilling to replace a failing older camera, if that's what this is, the best I can do is wish you good luck.

Last edited:
I agree

Plus, there are some manufacturers who have posted that Sandisk cards have caused problems with their hardware. Something to do with how they write.

Plus2 is to test the speed of the card using say Speedout0.5. I don't know about the latest endurance cards but older ones were a lot slower and that caused writing issues.

You could try a different card to see if it helps but "boot looping" is usually a sign that the camera is failing and it will only get worse. It cannot be fixed. It is probably time to start shopping for a new camera.

If you have an original A119 V1 or a V2 you've gotten pretty good service out of it at this point. The newer A119 V3 is an excellent, reliable and well priced replacement option. - Plus, it offers 2K video. There is also the new A119 mini which has WiFi.
Thank you for the answer. I meant that camera works fine, except that I need manually reformat it every two weeks or so. In this situation I will continue to reformat it manually, which is not very comfortable, but this is not the reason to get new as long as it continue to record the video without other problems.

If I were you I would definitely try a different memory card. Memory cards cards often turn out to be the source of camera woes and the SanDisk 128GB High Endurance could indeed be the cause of the problem in this instance.

The problem when a camera begins boot looping, especially an older model that has been in use for a long time is that the issue starts out being intermittent ("every two weeks or so") and then eventually begins occurring more and more often until the camera becomes unusable. I experienced this exact thing with two Street Guardian units as the brand is quite prone to this issue despite the denials from the company. So, you'll need to be vigilant that the boot looping doesn't happen at shorter and shorter intervals. If this occurs you'll know that you will soon need to purchase a new camera.

If shopping for another camera is out of the question, then as mentioned above you need to change and test a different card and hope for the best.

Back