Micro SD Cards

ToXIcG

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Viofo A119
Is there a widely recognised best brand of Micro SD cards for use in dash cams?

I've seen Transcend High endurance cards mentioned but am interested what others think?

I've been using PNY cards for as long as I've owned dash cams. No problems (yet).

I'm a Transcend fan but I just got 2 Samsung Evo Select 64GB cards and they seem to do equally well so far :)

Phil

I have almost run all brands and had them all fail on me, some even really fast in spite of it being a high end brand / model.
The record holder got to be the 64 Gb full size sd card that's been going strong in my lukas LK-7500 since 2012, but due to new ownership that's not a brand i can recommend as that takeover seem to instantly have hit the quality of those cards.

I have almost run all brands and had them all fail on me, some even really fast in spite of it being a high end brand / model

Could be a cam issue... OR.... could be the nature of what you're showing the cams ;)

I use

Samsung Evo U1 - 64GB & U3 - 128GB, U1 AOK for a long time (> 1 year) still oK, the U3 broke down during a format in JooVuu X for some reason, but I got one new swap from Samsung under warranty

Kingston U3 - 64 and 128GB, both AOK for a long time,

Sandisk U1 64GB, was working AOK in Mobius for a few years, then got locked up, swapped at Sandisk under warranty, and the new one is working great in Mobius for a long time again, however, when I connect the card to PC I get an error message, but when I let the PC look for faults to be corrected, it doesn't find any.

So in short:

Sandisk nâh...
Samsung yes OK
Kingston h@ll yeah....!

Oh yeah, bought me a new 128 U3 Samsung Evo here (Black friday offer) 37 Euro:

Which kind a makes me giggle..... the card cost me more than th Xiaomi Mijia 1080p dashcam I bought last week.... ;)

Back