Microsoft Reportedly Considers Allowing Android Apps to Run on Windows & Windows Mobile Phone

Street Guardian USA

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
StreetGuardian.CAM Amazon.com
I'm an Android guy and am already happy with my GS4, but if Microsoft wants to play nice with the Linux guys Android is a good place to start i guess.

I'm sure more people would take a look at a Windows mobile device if it was backed by the vast library of Android applications.

Plus while I am not a very technail guy and did not read the link yet this may lead to Android>Windows Phone>Windows PC. More then likely not, but wishful thinking. I would love to play Link on my PC

True thats 1 reason why i got a Windows phone, i dont need apps in any way or form.
I need to be able to make voice calls and do the text thing once or twice a month.

When there is a OS update for my phone it will drain the battery for power to let me know, and keep dooing that untill i get the damm thing.

Head up...... I received a phone call this morning from a person purporting to be from microsoft windows.He informed me my PC was infected with a virus that my normal anti virus protection programs could not detect and that he would give me instructions to enter into my PC a program to remedy the problem..(..:D do I look green....dont answer that ) I made the excuse that I was busy at the moment and he (kindly)offered to phone again tomorrow, by which time hopefully a trace will be in place to catch him out.....Its one of many scams doing the rounds at the present time Dont fall for it ...regards Ipol

I am blessed that only 5-6 ppl call me, and they have learned to only call me when it is serious stuff, allso i do not take calls from numbers i dont know.

I dont undestand when you install just about any app on a smartphone it demand full access to the phone.

They use VoIP to call so you wouldn't be able to trace to a physical location, India is the most popular place they run this from though

I was hoping http://bluestacks.com android emulator for windows would be out of beta by now. It was a fun start a few years ago. It worked but was never very fast. Having official Microsoft native support is a good move I think especially when all the new windows 8.1 laptops/tablets have multi touch support. I don't expect to dump my iPhone anytime soon but you never know what the future holds. I'm a very strong windows guy outside of the mobile world. (I.T. Support over 15 years)

Rumours floating about that there will be a larger iPhone option with the next model, that would be a welcome change
Funny the size is the only reason making me think of jumping ship to the iPhone, it's a perfect balance. The Galaxy S4 is a bit too big to fit comfortably in jeans.

IMHO Both are great phones, it's just that Android and Samsung in particular are just too advanced and intuitive compared. The iPhone 5S has similar specs to the three year old Galaxy S2. So those "WOW" days seem over for Apple. Tech sites now recommend it for people who don't want techy and just want simple. iPhone? It was the innovation leader, what happened?

I think most people are not in love with Windows 8 or the new Windows platform so it's no wonder there arent many apps or cool things coming. Windows jumped in too late and in the wrong direction and still seems a little lost.

Let's see about the new Galaxy S5 on Feb 24th.

MHO Both are great phones, it's just that Android and Samsung in particular are just too advanced and intuitive compared. The iPhone 5S has similar specs to the three year old Galaxy S2. So those "WOW" days seem over for Apple. Tech sites now recommend it for people who don't want techy and just want simple. iPhone? It was the innovation leader, what happened?
I feel this way a little about Apple products.
I have had a few people tell me that their older iPhone was not able to share their mobile network, but I don't know how true that is. Last time I looked though Apple devices did not have remove-able batteries and did not accept Micro SD cards for extra storage two things that were a huge deal breaker for me. This may have changed with the newer devices though.

And then with the computers it always felt like I would have to pay more and get less in terms of Hardware performance. The OS it self is nice though. I used to use an iBook years ago and it was a nice experience.

I feel this way a little about Apple products.
I have had a few people tell me that their older iPhone was not able to share their mobile network, but I don't know how true that is. Last time I looked though Apple devices did not have remove-able batteries and did not accept Micro SD cards for extra storage two things that were a huge deal breaker for me. This may have changed with the newer devices though.

And then with the computers it always felt like I would have to pay more and get less in terms of Hardware performance. The OS it self is nice though. I used to use an iBook years ago and it was a nice experience.
Flexibility is another whole conversation. Android says here's, you choose. Apple say my way or no way. Apple works hard to keep people from unlocking their phones, while Google makes it easy. It so easy to customize everything it may be too much for some people. I myself like it, I can't live without my swype keyboard. My battery lasts two days by being turn off unnecessary stock programs that come with the phone.

Again both are quality phones, just depends which you like

Last edited:
Flexibility is another whole conversation. Android says here's, you choose.
I love that. I have a Galaxy Tab. I was able to tweak it. I messed it up at first. I was able to fix it and tweak it. I don't think I would do it with my phone because I am a little worried to totally break it, but my Tablet is really fast now. The battery feels like it lasts for days now.

latest support/sponsorship endorsments on google play (updates) are very much commercialized pieces of monopoly! it is buing IE Android Market Place and forcing unsuported device "support" seize to exist, regardless of developers freeware intentions. Do try non rooted devices to run apps from google and 'over'caring' google will say no! I'd say google is another emperor in birth soon to be...

I love that. I have a Galaxy Tab. I was able to tweak it. I messed it up at first. I was able to fix it and tweak it. I don't think I would do it with my phone because I am a little worried to totally break it, but my Tablet is really fast now. The battery feels like it lasts for days now.
While we are off topic, download Wakelock detector. It will show you which programs are keeping your phone awake and eating your battery. The second either Androidlost or Cerberus or both. It will let you control your phone from a simple text message in case it gets lost or stolen, no internet neccesary.

latest support/sponsorship endorsments on google play (updates) are very much commercialized pieces of monopoly! it is buing IE Android Market Place and forcing unsuported device "support" seize to exist, regardless of developers freeware intentions. Do try non rooted devices to run apps from google and 'over'caring' google will say no! I'd say google is another emperor in birth soon to be...
Ya I agree and the forced advertising is ridiculous. With rooting so easy and safe, I'm sure users will keep control on their side

@jokiin yes I thought that might be the case and guess what he had a very strong english/india type accent, (took me right back to.... it aint half hot mum....) english forum members will understand this.He got quite upset when I told him he had been rumbled.......Sad news regarding Ralph Waite.....who played leroy jethro gibbs father in the ncis series.....rest in peace old timer..............Ipol

Back