Mini 0801

kalip

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
AUKEY DR02
There has been a lot of debate on Amazon.com on the Mini 0801,
with some folks genuinely believing that any Mini 0801 not made by E-Prance as a fake.
Just to be clear on this issue I would like to know if there is an authorised manufacturer of the
Mini 0801.

Thank you for your response on how to identify a fake 0801 mini.
However is there only one authorised manufacturer of the 0801 mini Dash-Cam
or are there many?

Thank you for your response on how to identify a fake 0801 mini.
However is there only one authorised manufacturer of the 0801 mini Dash-Cam
or are there many?
I don't believe E-Prance is a manufacturer, they just have their name printed on their cameras, I'm not even sure that they only source from one manufacturer, I am fairly sure that they don't own the design.

I would suggest going for an 0803 rather than an 0801, much more up to date components.

yeah if you are looking at this model camera, suggest you at least look at the 0803 as the base line.

Oops…. I already purchased the E-Prance 0801 Mini on Amazon just over a week ago.
Thank you anyway.

Last edited:
its your money. whatever makes you happy.

Oops…. I already purchased the E-Prance 0801 Mini on Amazon just over a week ago.
Thank you anyway.
Then you saved a little money :)

But make sure you save a little more money by using outdated class 6 memory or you may run into problems ;)

Thank you.
I have the non-GPS and Non-Internal Memory version.
I am using a Kingston 32GB Kingston Class 10 Micro SD Card with no problems no far.
I looked at the review on YouTube by Techmoan and you are right the 0803
seems to be far superior, but I had already purchased the 0801 quite a while by then.
It makes no sense crying over spilt milk ,so I will keep it until I am ready to upgrade.
The next time I shall seek some advice from you guys before purchasing.

Last edited:
I wanted to reroute the power cord (Mini 0801) around the dash board under the carpet to the charging port.
However the original power cord is a few metres too short. I am wondering if I can use a longer USB2 to USB mini 5 pin
extension cable and a USB 4.8 amp USB Car Charger to power the camera.

Last edited:
Should be able to, I haven't tried but you could with the 0803. Might be cheaper to use a short USB to mini USB cable and a long standard USB extension.

You don't need 4.8 amps, it wont use more than 1 amp but more wont do any harm.

Thank you for your advice.

Last edited:
What is the voltage requirements of the 0801 Mini?
I have observed that the output of the Charger Adapter is only 5 Volts

It's USB so 5V.

That is why you need the adaptor to convert the cars 12V to 5V.

There are a few manufacturers of the Mini 0801. If you want to be sure you're getting a real Mini 0801, best thing to do is to see which retailers are recommended on this forum. It's a great resource for dash cam related information.

Kelvin

I installed a 4.5 metre USB2 to MINI USB 5 pin extension cable with a Dual Port 3.1 Amp USB charger in the Dash Cam (Mini 0801)) and has worked very well so far.

Last edited:
Does anyone know how if using a cheap Generic USB charger could damage a Dash Cam?
I am using a Grenosis 3.1Apm USB charger which I had at home.
I think it cost just around$8.00 when I got it.

Last edited:
Back