Mini 0803 auto off not working problem

jpl

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi all,

I am new here and hope to get some advise. I bought two units of 0803 from Fox Offer and they both not responding to auto off. Upon removing the power cable as told by Fox Offer, both units still not responding to auto off and will keep recording till they run out of batter.

Anyone has the same experience?

Hi jokiin,

The settings are DEFAULT after reset. Please see below

RESOLUTION : 2304x1296 30P 16:9 (1920x1080 30P 16:9 same problem)
QUALITY : S.Fine
AE METER MODE : CENTER
WDR : ON
LDWS DETECT : OFF
LDWS CALIBRATION : DEFAULT
FLICKER : AUTO
WHITE BALANCE : AUTO
EV : 0
RECYCLE : 1 MIN
MOTION DETECT : OFF
TIME SETUP : DEFAULT +8 (+11 same problem)
AUTO POWER OFF : 1 MIN
POWER OFF SCREEN : 3 MIN
STAMP : DRIVER NUMBER STAMP
DRIVER NUMBER : 000000000
G-SENSOR SENSITIVE : 3G
G-SENSOR CALIBRATION : NO
GPS : ON
LANGUAGE : English
SOFTWARE VERSION : FW20140901 V1.0

Thank you so much.

Thanks jokiin, already contacted Fox Offer, it's now 1 week. Waiting for reply. Really wanted to give them a chance to make it right before eBay dispute.

Good afternoon, in my case I have the same model and yours the same vendor, or respond to automatic shutdown of the camera.

What firmware do you recommend to try ????

Hi jpl, I had the same problem on my camera as well. My firmware version was 20140918 V1.0. I switched to a custom iTracker one (20140804) and it solved my problem.

Hi jpl, I had the same problem on my camera as well. My firmware version was 20140918 V1.0. I switched to a custom iTracker one (20140804) and it solved my problem.

First I want to thank you for your help and reply, I'm looking through the forum and seen this thread, it would be appropriate to this firmware.
There are two versions, one recommendation: 2 versions of the firmware; stock bitrate (15 Mbps) and 18 Mbps version
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/custom-itracker-firmware-no-sound-bootscreen.7862/

The one I used is the 18mbps version. I've only tested it for 1 day but so far it works well. The exposure is very dark so you'll have to boost it up to +1.3 or so. Also after you flash the firmware all the menus will be in German, so watch out! You can always change it to English in the language settings but it might be hard to find.

Nevermind. The auto off still doesn't work, even with the iTracker firmware. I wonder if it's a Foxoffer problem?

Hello, I have a "FoxOffer" 0803 model GPS without internal memory.
( received last week, last model ) and doesn't encounter this problem, With iTracker (no sound 18mbps) firmware.

I didn't test the original firmware in my car, just at home to test the device....

I got a reply from Foxoffer regarding my camera not turning off after unplugging:

"Please rest assured,this is normal,as some people want to review the camera after unplug."

Uh, pretty sure this is NOT normal.

EDIT: jpl, did you get your issue resolved?

Last edited:
I just got my 0803 and have it plugged into the constant, always on cigarette lighter.
I have the motion set to on but the camera still records hours of car sitting in the driveway.
I haven't done anything with the firmware, yet.

Can anyone share settings that works for them for the "off-while-parked"?

I just got my 0803 and have it plugged into the constant, always on cigarette lighter.
I have the motion set to on but the camera still records hours of car sitting in the driveway.
I haven't done anything with the firmware, yet.

Can anyone share settings that works for them for the "off-while-parked"?

I have the same camera as you and the same seller and does not work to detect moving, I understand that this feature is when you have parked your car in the garage automatically detects motion and starts to record.

Someone works this function or default camera is constantly recording.

Thank you.

From what I've heard motion detect is very unreliable at least in this model.
As an update, I've updated my firmware to 20140919 and the auto off is still not working properly. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't, at about a 50% probability.

WARNING: DO NOT BUY FROM FOXOFFER! AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE!

They finally offered me a solution for my defective unit (doesn't auto power off), wanna know what it is? A $8 USD refund. How generous!
I guess I've been spoiled by Amazon's great customer service. Sticking with Amazon next time.

Isn't that their default first offer these days though? Just say you don't accept that and see what they come back with. Unfortunately Amazon don't sell many (maybe any) of the Chinese brands directly so even from there you're still getting it from someone like E-Prance who will deal with the customer service once the returns window has passed. I thought Amazon handled all customer service for anything fulfilled but it's only for that 30ish day returns window at which point the support goes back to the vendor who fulfilled it.

In my case, whenever I stop the car have to turn off the camera, not continuous recording is turned off automatically, overnight to deplete battery.
Is there any solution or configuration please.
Thank you.

WARNING: DO NOT BUY FROM FOXOFFER! AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE!

They finally offered me a solution for my defective unit (doesn't auto power off), wanna know what it is? A $8 USD refund. How generous!
I guess I've been spoiled by Amazon's great customer service. Sticking with Amazon next time.

Yen,

Sorry for the late reply. For whatever reason the forum does not send me notification anymore.

I did all I can as a good buyer to send videos, photos , proper descriptions of the problems. Foxoffer acknowledge the problem and asked me to return the items with RMA. I was even kind enough to offer to pay the shipping cost myself.

After 3 weeks, the package arrived Shenzhen with "attempt delivery", Foxoffer still not sending the replacements. So after 40 plus days of debugging, taking videos and photos with full payment and no cameras to use, I have no resort but to filed a PayPal dispute. I got a feeling they refused to accept the package and let the PayPal dispute period lapsed.

From my testing, this has nothing to do with the motion detection. It could be a design problem or it could be firmware problem. No matter what causes the problem, it is still a problem and does not work as claimed.

I don't mind to received DOA products as long as the seller take pride in replacing them, looks like we have to find other good sellers.

Cheers

Hi jpl,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. I replied to Foxoffer for another solution, as the $8 refund seemed like a cheap shot, and they said I could ship the item back on my own dime for a replacement. I have been debating whether I want to go through the hassle, but after hearing about your experience I'd rather cut my losses and have a semi-working dashcam than no dashcam at all.

Lesson learned, Foxoffer = bad news bears.

Back