Mini 0803 coming

As I know, there is no lock on Micro SD cards ;)

Could the problem be due to the card having been in a phone and thus is security protected? I'm not too sure how the security works...

No, I never protected it. Sandisk 32g class 10. My cam started acting up and wouldn't record. That's when I broight it inside to look at on the computer. It was full, mini 0803 did not over write after 1 min like it was supposed to. So I swapped my acer a500 card with it. Wanted to delete everything and format but windows won't let me.

Try to format with "HDD low level format tool"

People on here have mentioned Sandisk cards that go read only after a while - maybe it's one of those.

I don't know how familiar you are with the command line but have you ever used diskpart before?

No haven't used diskpart before. Iwill try the hdd low level format tool.
Thanks guys

I just purchased a second 0803 because my first one has worked flawlessly. The second one was having a problem where it just shut off after 30 minutes. I suspected a bad connection at the mount or maybe a brief drop in power. I updated the software to the latest and all seemed OK. Now it goes into standby ( solid blue LED ) and nothing is being recorded. It is not powered down, it's in "standby" . If I turn it off then on again, it works for another period of time. I thought maybe it was the G-sensor so I turned it off. If I operate the camera out of the car, it is rock solid, no problems. Has anyone else experienced this problem ?
Thanks.
Radman.

That is the first thing I did. I did the paper shim and the camera clicks in nice and firm. I was suspecting the G- sensor as being too sensitive so I set it to the maximum level. It seems to happen since I did the last software upgrade so I have reverted back to a previous software level. I will continue testing it. It could a flakey power cable dropping out for a millisecond just enough to affect the dashcam.

Radman,
I realized that the micro usb power conection on mount was the cause of problem for me. So I put a insulating tape to hold the conection between micro usb and mount. Maybe can be this for you. Try to put the micro usb directly on camera body and see if the problem keeps.

Radman, try also to swap your SD cards between your both 0803.
I had some kind of described behaviour with a defective SDCARD

The problem was definitely in the camera and not in the mount connection. I noticed that after the camera had recorded a lot, it would shut down after a shorter length of " on time " . At it's worst, it would only stay on for 5 minutes before going into standby and then shutting down. All I did was format the SD card, and then the camera operates flawlessly. I have now swapped the two SD cards between my two cameras to see if the fault moves from one to the other. It certainly looks like the problem occurs when the SD card is full and loops over to re-record.

I just purchased a second 0803 because my first one has worked flawlessly. The second one was having a problem where it just shut off after 30 minutes. I suspected a bad connection at the mount or maybe a brief drop in power. I updated the software to the latest and all seemed OK. Now it goes into standby ( solid blue LED ) and nothing is being recorded. It is not powered down, it's in "standby" . If I turn it off then on again, it works for another period of time. I thought maybe it was the G-sensor so I turned it off. If I operate the camera out of the car, it is rock solid, no problems. Has anyone else experienced this problem ?
Thanks.
Radman.

Yes, I'm having the same problem. It doesn't shut down, but "chimes" then just goes into standby. The timeframe is different though - sometimes it's after 30 minutes or so, other times it's 5 minutes, etc ... Not consistent at all. Other times it'll run for hours just fine. I tried playing around with the connection, but doesn't seem to make a difference.

One other thing ... sometimes when I unplug it, then plug it back in, it'll lock up and beep constantly. The only way I can reset it back to normal is let it run out of power (I throw it in my glove compartment until the power is depleted), then plug it back in. It takes about 25 mins or so for it to run out of power.

Yes, I'm having the same problem. It doesn't shut down, but "chimes" then just goes into standby. The timeframe is different though - sometimes it's after 30 minutes or so, other times it's 5 minutes, etc ... Not consistent at all. Other times it'll run for hours just fine. I tried playing around with the connection, but doesn't seem to make a difference.

One other thing ... sometimes when I unplug it, then plug it back in, it'll lock up and beep constantly. The only way I can reset it back to normal is let it run out of power (I throw it in my glove compartment until the power is depleted), then plug it back in. It takes about 25 mins or so for it to run out of power.
Sounds like a card problem - try a format on your computer and if that doesn't work then try a different card.

Sounds like a card problem - try a format on your computer and if that doesn't work then try a different card.
Nope - not the card. Definitely the camera. I have two 0803's and the card (and camera) works fine in one, but not the other. The camera is definitely on the fritz.

Back