Mini 0803 coming

Just tried out the ProCam FW20140530 V1.0.
There is no option to alter the mph/kph setting in the menu with this FW. That means with the GPS stamp "On" you can only have the kph reading showing in the video, which is no good to UK users. Looks as if we'll to be patient a while longer for this and the mute bug to be fixed.....
Thanks, so I still don't know what our menu option is there for, is it for selecting the units of the non-existent overlay or does it actually do something?

(Actually I prefer using km even though I am in the UK, our motorways have km marker boards and 100 meter posts, my satnav gives me km and meters with the speed limits in kph, my Scangauge gives me l/100km, I buy the fuel in litres, it's just our speed limit signs and the car odometer that are wrong! If I wanted the overlay then I would probably put it up in km even if there was a choice.)

Thanks, so I still don't know what our menu option is there for, is it for selecting the units of the non-existent overlay or does it actually do something?

(Actually I prefer using km even though I am in the UK, our motorways have km marker boards and 100 meter posts, my satnav gives me km and meters with the speed limits in kph, my Scangauge gives me l/100km, I buy the fuel in litres, it's just our speed limit signs and the car odometer that are wrong! If I wanted the overlay then I would probably put it up in km even if there was a choice.)
Yeah the UK screwed up the "metrification" process so we still have a confusing mix of metric and imperial measurements being used.:confused:

I'm not sure why the mph/kph selection option is available in FW20140510 V1.0 (when the GPS stamp isn't available) when it isn't an option in FW20140530 V1.0 (when the GPS stamp is there), it seems rather bizarre.
I'm guessing that there can only be a certain number of items that can be shown on the Menu, so presumably FoxOffer & ProCam have elected to have different Menu Options for their respective markets, who knows, perhaps @jokiin might....o_O

Last edited:
Yeah the UK screwed up the "metrification" process so we still have a confusing mix of metric and imperial measurements being used.:confused:

I'm not sure why the mph/kph selection option is available in FW20140510 V1.0 (when the GPS stamp isn't available) when it isn't an option in FW20140530 V1.0 (when the GPS stamp is there), it seems rather bizarre.
I'm guessing that there can only be a certain number of items that can be shown on the Menu, so presumably FoxOffer & ProCam have elected to have different Menu Options for their respective markets, who knows, perhaps @jokiin might....o_O

Not sure whether this has been covered before, however, I'm on my second GPS base and cannot get the GPS option in the Setup screen, nor the GPS icon on the Dash Cam screen. Firmware is 20140611 V1.0

Not sure whether this has been covered before, however, I'm on my second GPS base and cannot get the GPS option in the Setup screen, nor the GPS icon on the Dash Cam screen. Firmware is 20140611 V1.0

If you can't get the option in the setup screen, I would check your firmware. I have the GPS option in my setup screen without the GPS unit even connected to the camera.

If you can't get the option in the setup screen, I would check your firmware. I have the GPS option in my setup screen without the GPS unit even connected to the camera.

Thanks mr_milo. I finally re-flashed with the latest firmware which was German. Then re-flashed with the original firmware and I now have the Satellite icon to the lhs of the Dash Cam screen and GPS shows up in Setup Mode :)

I have duplicated and found a solution to the stated bad connection with the base. I don't find that the base is too loose. The contacts in the base are spring loaded and that's good but it adds another point of possible bad connection. The spring loaded pins then need to connect to the flat tabs on the 0803 housing.

My solution is contact enhancer (not cleaner). It provides lower resistance, lubricates for easier mating and less wear on the contact material. After treatment I cannot make it disconnect when I move the connector. I have been using it on all connectors inside and outside my computers for twenty years. It eliminates intermittent contact problems. On frequently plugged connectors (USB, iPhone, etc.) I treat again when I start feeling resistance to plugging in.

I don't know if the product I use is still available. 50ml cost $75 twenty years ago and I still have about 10ml left. You don't even use a drop unless it's both sides of card edge connector. Stabilant 22A is the name. Let me know if you don't find it, I'll get more info. Everything is getting smaller and I'm using less. Found it: http://stabilant.com/techt02h.htm

Make sure to get it down into the spring contacts. The 0803 now slides on and off easier . It will certainly last longer. Don't forget the memory cards.

WD-40 is the best, been using for over thirty years with electronic contact points. Slippery, doesn't gel; lasts. Price: About $2.00 to $3.00 can (spray)

Can anyone tell me what folder I paste the firmware file in and do I delete the old one.

That's if I take punt and try this updated one FW140507

My concern is I'm not sure if it's compatible with mine because of the 8gb internal memory

The one I have now is FW20140510 V1.0

P.S.- On updating 'firmware' for the (0803): After the firmware update is complete be sure to delete the file from the card or you will be prompted to update again.

My 0803 has paid for itself 26 times over. I was backing up in a parking lot and another car was doing the same. My 0803 dashcam was recording through the front windshield. It clearly demonstrated that I had stopped moving before the other car hit me. Normally in Canada, each car pays for it's own damages when the accident occurs in a parking lot and you get an accident on your record. The insurance company (and the police) saw the video and said that I was not at fault. No cost to me and no accident on my record. Damages were $2600. I am a happy guy. I am thinking of buying another for my rear window. Thank you to Kelvin at Blackboxed.ca

Last edited:
My 0803 has paid for itself 26 times over. I was backing up in a parking lot and another car was doing the same. My 0803 dashcam was recording through the front windshield. It clearly demonstrated that I had stopped moving before the other car hit me.

May we please see the incident? Link to video?

My 0803 has paid for itself 26 times over. I was backing up in a parking lot and another car was doing the same. My 0803 dashcam was recording through the front windshield. It clearly demonstrated that I had stopped moving before the other car hit me. Normally in Canada, each car pays for it's own damages when the accident occurs in a parking lot and you get an accident on your record. The insurance company (and the police) saw the video and said that I was not at fault. No cost to me and no accident on my record. Damages were $2600. I am a happy guy. I am thinking of buying another for my rear window. Thank you to Kelvin at Blackboxed.ca
Hi,

Have you got recording 24hours or how you record the incident at the parking?

Regards,

I was backing up at the same time as the other car was. My car is a 2014 and has back-up proximity sensors and a back-up camera. I could see the guy backing up towards the rear of my car. The one minute video is 128 MB so I'd have to convert it from MOV to MPEG4 or AVI to reduce its size to post it on here. My insurance adjuster was so impressed with the quality of the video that she wanted to know the make and she is going to buy one. I passed on Kelvin's link to her. I will post the MPEG4 when I have it converted but the resolution will be reduced.

The one minute video is 128 MB so I'd have to convert it from MOV to MPEG4 or AVI to reduce its size to post it on here.

I suggest that you upload it to YouTube, & then paste a link to it here.

This thread is too long, pardon for my laziness, Please share me the buying link for this mini 0803 (to be shipped in India),
Currently I see foxoffer is ready to ship in India, but the image of the Dashcam seems to be not of 0803 but of 0801.
From what I read at the starting of thread, Has the mass production started for this model?
What is the latest firmware required? Please tell, cant wait for this mini 0803

Foxoffer has both models, image doesn't matter as they look the same anyway, order the correct model and that's what you'll get

Back