Mini 0805..Another one dead :-(

irish07

Reaction score
Country
Canada
So I picked up my Mini 0805 from GearBest little over a month ago but only got around to ordering my Power Magic Pro early last week and then installed both cam and PMP...The deciding factor was actually the small size and screen view

2 days after installing(PMP set at 11.8V), I got into the car and noticed the light was solid blue with mothin, I turned on the screen and noticed there was a circle of dots showing it loading or saving a recording..after 20 minutes of it like this I did a reset...aaand thats all she wrote, literally! The camera turned off, red light on...then I could no longer turn the cam back on.

I tired to use directUSB with a OTG cable..with Win10, 0 devices found...I've tried everything I've read on here, even for 0803 recovery..can't my PC to get past 0 devices found.

I filed a ticket with GearBest to go about a return..it's been 7 days tmr and yet to hear a response..I tried loading a live chat for a pre-sale question .."113 people waiting ahead of you"

After reading some of the reviews on here, seems like they must have there hands full with the Mini series ..

I've just recently sent an email to SplashEtech, not holding my breath for a cure..but maybe they can be of some help..

Keep you guys posted if I get this thing working again..

try the usual suspects: format your card (what size are you running?). if you're unable to power the camera on, use a different cable and/or source. i once had a problem where i thought the camera was dead but it turns out the USB cable i had it connected it to wasn't supplying sufficient power. if you get it charged up, try resetting it again. good luck!

and by the way, i bought mine from splash e tech and had a very good sample.

I tried formatting the card again but no luck. I'm using a 32GB Class 6..was recommended by SplashEtech not to use a Class 10 and find a Class 6.
I tried the power adapter and the one for my phone wall socket 3amp charger..still nothing.

I then thought, if the a PC can't power up the camera due to low amperage, how would I be able to use DirectUSB with a dead camera. I cut my cable and applied a 1.5amp charge to the camera while branched to the PC through a OTG(So a Y-type cable), DirectUSB worked and I was able to recover the Camera.

I'm now going to be looking for a known working firmware to flash into the Mini 0805

Are you using the Mini 0805, if yes.. how long have you been using it and what firmware version is the camera running?

all the cards I use are class 10 and they've been perfect.

i'll let you know what firmware I'm on when I get home from work.

Back