MINI 0806, battery will not charge and GPS mount will not pass current

RonH

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Bought one of these from GEARBEST - would never buy there again their aftersales service is awful. Battery will not charge and the GPS mount will not pass voltage to camera. Can only run it by direct connection to the camera. Complained to vendor wh comes up with the following options (took a full two weeks for that) I don't think this is reasonable after postage back to China £12.95 plus possible tax on replacement makes the whole thing uneconomic.
Thinking of buying a new GPS mount via ebay, but does anyone know where I can get a replacement battery

"After reviewing your case, please review our possible solutions:
1)Return the item back to us
You can return the item back to us in China as per our terms and conditions indicated in the link above.
Once we receive the item , we can exchange or offer a product refund( 67.7 USD) back to your GB wallet.As long as the item does not exceed the 45 day money back guarantee limit.

2)Keep the item and accept a partial refund on Wallet (credit)
We can offer a partial refund of your product value which is 18 USD on your wallet. This amount can be used for your future orders.

3)Resend a replacement (No return)
We can resend you a replacement but we kindly ask you cover partial cost of item and the shipping fee which is 45USD. We will then arrange a shipment and send you an invoice if you choose this option.

Can you please let me know your decision? You may check the cost of returning item back to us in China before deciding.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Thank you for your understanding."

Bought one of these from GEARBEST - would never buy there again their aftersales service is awful. Battery will not charge and the GPS mount will not pass voltage to camera. Can only run it by direct connection to the camera. Complained to vendor wh comes up with the following options (took a full two weeks for that) I don't think this is reasonable after postage back to China £12.95 plus possible tax on replacement makes the whole thing uneconomic.
Thinking of buying a new GPS mount via ebay, but does anyone know where I can get a replacement battery

"After reviewing your case, please review our possible solutions:
1)Return the item back to us
You can return the item back to us in China as per our terms and conditions indicated in the link above.
Once we receive the item , we can exchange or offer a product refund( 67.7 USD) back to your GB wallet.As long as the item does not exceed the 45 day money back guarantee limit.

2)Keep the item and accept a partial refund on Wallet (credit)
We can offer a partial refund of your product value which is 18 USD on your wallet. This amount can be used for your future orders.

3)Resend a replacement (No return)
We can resend you a replacement but we kindly ask you cover partial cost of item and the shipping fee which is 45USD. We will then arrange a shipment and send you an invoice if you choose this option.

Can you please let me know your decision? You may check the cost of returning item back to us in China before deciding.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Thank you for your understanding."

Personally, a general rule of thumb is to buy local. Buy from a local reputable source. Do your research. Even if it will cost you a little more. Keep in mind, whenever you buy something you are not just purchasing a product, but also purchasing the company behind the product. It's reputation, its customer service, etc. :)

My 0806 was exactly the same, I thought it was the battery that was on its way out.
I tried plugging the lead directly into the camera and it has worked perfectly ever since GPS and all, that must have been over 6 months ago.

There are a number of threads on here on where to purchase replacement batteries and how to fit them.

I purchased one off eBay when I thought it was the battery that was problematic but I have never used it as the camera has worked perfectly since I by passed the base and connected the power lead directly to the camera.

Battery details are Li-Polymer BEP 402030P 3.7v 300 mAh. Mine is no longer required if you are interested. Brand new and unused.

Gearbeast: "Hit and run" :D

I had a similar issue with this site, after a long wait time for an email response I too was offered a waller partial refund. I refused that gb wallet refund and pushed for a PayPal refund, after another wait time they agreed and refunded my PayPal. I must make note that during the email contact with customer service I had contacted the Gear rep on this site who was very polite, prompt and helpful, I believe their involvement helped with my PayPal refund.

Personally, a general rule of thumb is to buy local. Buy from a local reputable source.

After my experience I do agree with this point as I ended up buying a SG9665GC locally. I wonder how the Chinese respond to Gearbest's customer service, are they all on some Chinese forum stating "That's why you never buy local, always buy from overseas". Some kind of Bizarro World.

After my experience I do agree with this point as I ended up buying a SG9665GC locally. I wonder how the Chinese respond to Gearbest's customer service, are they all on some Chinese forum stating "That's why you never buy local, always buy from overseas". Some kind of Bizarro World.
Can you show me the link ? or they post in chinese ? :D

I think that was a hypothetical statement

That aside locals wouldn't buy from sellers like Gearbest, they'd buy from JD or taobao or similar that concentrate on the domestic market

After lots of correspondence with Gear beast (deliberate typo)gave up and contacted Paypal who agreed to refund if I returned item to Gearbeast at my expense. Cost of this is prohibitive and more importantly I found that you cannot legally send items with Lipoly battery through any channel to China. Spoke to Paypal again who said that I was right about the battery going into China and told me they will refund me direct and recover money from Gearbeast and told me not to return item. Very helpful young lady at Paypal, really pleased and will never buy from Gearbeast again and would caution others against doing so.

Back