Mini 0806 stopped working

Interesting to see someone with power going into both the GPS mount and the camera. You don't strictly need to. Putting power into the camera only, will also feed the GPS mount. I do this.
But still, I sometimes find the GPS isn't working. Sometimes I ignore it. Sometimes I slide the camera out and back in. GPS has always come back online - eventually.
It seems to me that plugging power into both parts - even if it's via a splitter cable - is one way to make it more reliable, and I have considered doing it.

Regarding the idea of getting manufacturers of shoddy equipment closed down, I'm sure China etc have trading equivalents of "good luck, I'm behind seven proxies."

So, if the manufacturer of the mini 0806 reads this post, all is well and the mini 0806's are still going strong, even after more than 2 years of almost daily use.

I came back to dashcamtalk forum to correct my previous negative rant about my malcontent about the mini 0806.

Thanks.
the lith battery in 0806 really bring many problem for users.
The updated super capacitor version mini 0806-S is a lot of improved, hardly to know negative comments

I have been trying with two USB cables, one to the GPS and one to the camera. It seems to work.

After testing my troublesome mini 0806 with two cables for over a month, I have admit that the mini0806 is less troublesome. Until now, it works everytime I use the car. The other mini0806 has been working like a charm for over two years now.
Hopefully, I haven't jinx it. :D

My trust in mini is comming back, bit by bit.

Back