Mini 0826

At the moment the 0805 has every features I need except the lack of super-capacitor. That's why I am still hanging onto my old 0801.

only going by those images, looks like the mount to the GPS housing hasn’t changed, on mine that thin plastic causes up and down rocking (see one of my posts on this) and if now the new one has an extra 1cm i can only think they are using stronger plastic on the mount or the problem is still there,

I’ve had to push a cable tie between the mount and the body of the DVR (0806) and a polystyrene wedge between the windscreen and the edge of the 0806 to stop this rocking,

I have had people ask about the bodge up I’ve had to do, and I find it strange that with all the testing it wasn’t found out, or maybe they did find out but didn’t bother to rectify it

I won’t be the first in line,for this new one

The basic concept behind the one sided mini-080x mount has always been a problematic weak point in the overall design. It's always seemed to me that a design that supports the camera at both ends allowing the camera to rotate between the two support points with the GPS module centered above it would more stable.

the mounts on these tend to let the camera sag over time, the camera doesn't weigh much but eventually it loosens up and will drop

the mounts on these tend to let the camera sag over time, the camera doesn't weigh much but eventually it loosens up and will drop

I noticed this with my test sample and even used a small DIY plastic wedge attached with 3M VHB tape under the mount to remedy the acquired "horizon tilt". The camera was mounted from above on the side window cowling in my truck.

only going by those images, looks like the mount to the GPS housing hasn’t changed

It appears to have been changed somewhat- notice the lack of the dual Micro USB ports on opposite sides- and the single port that runs parallel to the camera slot

It appears to have been changed somewhat- notice the lack of the dual Micro USB ports on opposite sides- and the single port that runs parallel to the camera slot

It is hard to know from the images presented here whether these are representations of the actual and final product that will be introduced to the market. The images of the 0826 appear more like renderings, so may not be representative. Even the mini 0806 is still sometimes presented with the old style GPS mount, not the thinner one the camera is currently shipped with. What is the source of these photos and the provided specs? Have you a link?

Last edited:
It is hard to know from the images presented here whether these are representations of the actual and final product that will be introduced to the market. The images appear more like renderings. What is the source of these photos and the provided specs? Have you a link?

It was via email, but a Google image search found the rendering in white as well-
https://market.yandex.ru/product/10608941
http://videoregistrator.drom.ru/qstar/rs5wee16gb/
https://laukar.com/goods/104/30585
http://allgeton.ru/optom-qstar-rs5-32gb.html

white.jpg black.jpg9k=.jpg

Those are interesting. Thank you.

These links still don't answer the question of what the final product may look like. For example, on closer examination the renderings originally presented do not include any of the indicator LEDs found on the housing to the left side of the screen on the 0806. There are no LED indicators appearing anywhere and it is unlikely the camera doesn't have any.

In any case, I was asking for a link to the specs and photos you originally posted. Interestingly, these new links you posted appear to be for a different camera. They show a camera with this new 0826 housing design but with components and specs more closely related to the original mini-0801 with an Ambarella A2S60 chip-set and a max resolution of 1080P.

https://translate.google.com/transl...://videoregistrator.drom.ru/qstar/rs5wee16gb/

0826?.png

Last edited:
Not a joke. 0826 is version 2 of mini 0806. Not 100% sure of the specs listed here though. They are dropping the second card slot in favour of 8gb on board memory.

The manufacturer is a factory in China who builds them under license to whoever has agreements in place with them.
These licencesd businesses have now released details to their reseller and/or distributer networks.
First production run are estimated to turn up (in Australia) at he end of September.
This is an estimate though. Same as the upcoming Mini 0807 and Mini 0901 they are not always ready to go when the factory would like them to be.
Mini 0826 Pre production User Manual Here http://www.dashcamscentral.com.au/dash-cameras/dash-cams-user-manuals/

Mini 0826 now in production and ready for shipping should be in distributors stock on or about September 25. Still have not seen final product images or completed user manual though.
http://www.dashcamscentral.com.au/dash-cam/mini-0826-with-gps-cpl-and-16gb-card-new-model/
Is this coming from the same manufacturer(s) as the 0806?

The user manual is not an update of the 0806 user manual, it appears like a clone!

Meanwhile the 0806 developers appear to be working on the 090x series and have even registered an 0906 website...

All a little bit confusing!

The spec's say the camera supports mini USB and micro USB power, is that on the mount only or on the camera as well, i.e a micro USB on the mount and mini USB on the camera. What does the 0826 give me that the 0806 doesn't, (excluding the CPL and SD card)?

The spec's also quote dual SD card support, does this actually work? It doesn't on the 0806.

Is this coming from the same manufacturer(s) as the 0806?

The user manual is not an update of the 0806 user manual, it appears like a clone!

Meanwhile the 0806 developers appear to be working on the 090x series and have even registered an 0906 website...

All a little bit confusing!
User manual and images are all pre prodcution.
0826 is coming from the same factory as the 0806.
Developers are working on 090x series. 0901 will be Wi Fi
I have not seen any information from them on a 0906 at this stage,

The spec's say the camera supports mini USB and micro USB power, is that on the mount only or on the camera as well, i.e a micro USB on the mount and mini USB on the camera. What does the 0826 give me that the 0806 doesn't, (excluding the CPL and SD card)?

The spec's also quote dual SD card support, does this actually work? It doesn't on the 0806.
Mini usb and Micro usb will be on the mount only. (although I have not physically seen one yet and the printed specs sometimes contain errors)
0826 only has one card slot it does not have dual card support. That was an error in the specs which has been updated.
Apart from 8gb on board memory and single card slot (instead of dual) the 0826 is very much the same as the 0806

h1lwVBU.jpg

4V1yww3.jpg

Yes , this is our mini0826 , it is available now , welcome to contact us !

Who are your US Distributors?

We don't have distributors of mini826 in US yet ,will you want to be him? :)

If you want to buy one ,you can buy from Amazon.us , we have retailer selling on it . Thank you for like mini826:)

At the moment the 0805 has every features I need except the lack of super-capacitor. That's why I am still hanging onto my old 0801.
Mini 0807 have super-capacitor ,but still not ok for OBD charging for parking guard function . mini0805 can not . Mini0901 also can use super -capacitor ,but now we are still working on OBD power for parking guard function ,so no time to do for mini0901 with capacitor yet .

Back