MINI 2 Freezing

It’s an issue with the parking mode -Auto Event Detection, it will freeze the camera, it took me a few weeks to work out what the issue is. Switch the cameras to low bitrate mode and they will work fine. Viofo support will blame your data card, it’s not that it’s the firmware at fault, which viofo keep asking me to test every update…..not likely, the camera now works in low bitrate and I won’t risk not having a camera working again. In hindsight I wish I’d bought the a229plus as that one seems to work in event parking mode……if only I’d known
It is not auto event detection. We are aware of that issue.

It is not auto event detection. We are aware of that issue.
So you're saying the mini 2 freezing issue is not related to auto-event-detection in parking mode?
Customer experience seems to show otherwise. Or maybe I misunderstood the conversation?

I'm just beginning to troubleshoot my mini 2 freezing. I'll report back if I find any consistent patterns.

I encounter the same problem, the mini 2 freezes randomly (whatever the temperature), I tried the low biterate mode it's the same, moreover when I put the "enter parking mode timer" mode to "off", to after a freeze I found it on "90s"
in the end every morning I have to unplug/replug it to return to normal operation
I have the standard firmware
S/N: A119MS23511100

I encounter the same problem, the mini 2 freezes randomly (whatever the temperature), I tried the low biterate mode it's the same, moreover when I put the "enter parking mode timer" mode to "off", to after a freeze I found it on "90s"
in the end every morning I have to unplug/replug it to return to normal operation
I have the standard firmware
S/N: A119MS23511100
We will contact you via the direct messages.

Dear Viofo support.
After getting frustrated for too long with a119mini2 I found this thread (and few others) online and those are confirming that it is not me going mental/crazy and my a119mini2 is having the same issue where I am driving and realising that after it was left in parking mode, it is no longer responding and I have to unplug the power cable, wait few seconds until the LED lights will go off and plug back in (not a nice experience when you are already driving).

is there any official fix for the issue?
the sd card isn't an issue.
please let me know as this is my 3rd Viofo dashcam and this one is driving me absolutely crazy. (and I am using your hardwire kits)

And sorry, but I can't stand that it locks the file while in parking mode. why? especially when I will mark a file to be locked, connect by the app 2 days later to find hundreds of locked files (good luck finding the one you are looking for).

third thing. could you please change the sensitivity of the sensor in the app when in playback mode? it is way too sensitive to switch the playback from vertical to horizontal mode. when downloading any files from the dashcam I constantly have the app rotating into horizontal mode and back when phone is in the cradle in the car and I am even slowly crawling

I recently purchased the mini 2 and faced the same freeze issue with parking mode in AED. @VIOFO-Support would you mind sending me the updated FW to test? Also, I have raised a ticket as well for visibility at your end. Thanks.

I recently purchased the mini 2 and faced the same freeze issue with parking mode in AED. @VIOFO-Support would you mind sending me the updated FW to test? Also, I have raised a ticket as well for visibility at your end. Thanks.
Try the firmware from here:

if we download these firmwares we realize that the 1st is 38503kb and the one offered by viofo is 44279kb (V1.0 20240129)
so what are the differences?

No issues noted till date. The provided FW is stable for me. Not sure why it is not publicly rolled out.

I will only be able to test it later, I am not using my camper van at the moment :)

@VIOFO-Support My dashcam frozen again. Only thing that changes today is that I had two locked videos and after that the dashcam frozen everytime I left parking mode and also stopped recording for some reason. I am now investigating post deleting the locked videos.

Back