Mini Dash Cam 0826 assistance required.

dashcams make for very poor card readers, get a proper card reader and take the card out when you want to copy files off
I am trying to decide on what IS a "proper" card reader. My USB ports are only 2.0. The one recommended is six times the price of others on Amazon. UK. However I can't decide if the cheaper ones will be inferior or whether the recommended one is value for money. Ignorance is my handicap.

I am trying to decide on what IS a "proper" card reader. My USB ports are only 2.0. The one recommended is six times the price of others on Amazon. UK. However I can't decide if the cheaper ones will be inferior or whether the recommended one is value for money. Ignorance is my handicap.

if you're buying a new card anyway look at the Lexar 633x cards that come with the mini card reader

huh? Almost every Lexar card on that page you linked shows the card reader in the pic and mentions it in the description

buy from Amazon themselves to be assured of getting a genuine card
I did say that ignorance is an issue for me. Would you be kind enough to point to the one that will be right for me? Please.

I did say that ignorance is an issue for me. Would you be kind enough to point to the one that will be right for me? Please.

pick which size you want, show all sellers then choose Amazon as the seller, sort like this http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B010VHO886/ref=dp_olp_new_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=new

the others sellers I don't know who they are but if you buy directly from Amazon you'll know the card is genuine and you'll have no issues with any warranty problems should they arise

pick which size you want, show all sellers then choose Amazon as the seller, sort like this http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B010VHO886/ref=dp_olp_new_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=new

the others sellers I don't know who they are but if you buy directly from Amazon you'll know the card is genuine and you'll have no issues with any warranty problems should they arise
I just bought: 'Lexar 64GB microSDXC Class 10 UHS-I 633x Speed (95MB/s) High Speed Flas...
www.amazon.co.uk
crucial / lexar LSDMI64GBB1EU633R - 64GB microSDXC UHS-I wReader.

Many thanks for your assistance. I understand it must be difficult for someone that understands these things that there are people out there that don't have a clue.

I also assume as I am a professional driver and to fill a 32gb card in one drive would be all too easy (based on a 8 gb only recording just over 75 mins) then I need to de power it at every opportunity)

This thread is a little old, but no one seems to have mentioned it, so I will. There is no need to turn off the camera to reduce recording time, it will automatically overwrite the oldest files when the card is full.

This thread is a little old, but no one seems to have mentioned it, so I will. There is no need to turn off the camera to reduce recording time, it will automatically overwrite the oldest files when the card is full.
All dashcams do that.
I think what he meant is trucks will have power even if he's at stop so manually need to turn the dashcam off when not moving.

Back