Mini Dash Cam 0826 assistance required.

Basically SanDisk cards are made a little differently, and this causes a lot of dashcams to behave strangely.
Transcend and Samsung are good cards. I use Transcend in my cameras and never have any issues.

You should pick up a card reader like this
That way files will copy over to your PC quickly and won't lag in Registrator Viewer.
So are you saying to purchase this Transcend 32GB Standard SDHC Class 6 Memory Card
and a card reader and my life will be easier? What exactly does the reader do and how would I operate it?

How old is the computer?
Maybe it can't play 1296p properly.

Yes
You take the card out of the camera and slide it into the smaller port on the card reader and then plug it into your PC USB port.
Files will copy over a lot faster that way.

How old is the computer?
Now, you may have a point there. I wouldn't know how to check put it is not new. I'd guess about 6 years give or take. It is on Vista, so I guess that dates it a little.

Yes
You take the card out of the camera and slide it into the smaller port on the card reader and then plug it into your PC USB port.
Files will copy over a lot faster that way.
But what would happen with the files stored on the 8gb internal card?

How old is the computer?
I am recording in HDR 1920x1080 30p 16.9 whatever all of that means.

But what would happen with the files stored on the 8gb internal card?
Those you do need to plug the camera directly into the computer, but I would suggest only using internal if you forget to put the memory card back in and leave it in the house when you already have the camera in the car and are about to go.

Those you do need to plug the camera directly into the computer, but I would suggest only using internal if you forget to put the memory card back in and leave it in the house when you already have the camera in the car and are about to go.
I assumed it just started on one card and flipped to the other whan the first was full. Is this not the case? Sorry to be so dumb but I am somewhat of a technophobe

I assumed it just started on one card and flipped to the other whan the first was full. Is this not the case? Sorry to be so dumb but I am somewhat of a technophobe
Previous versions only used one slot so another will be always empty if it has dual microSD slots.
Unless, one continuous recording drive fills the card, it won't switch to another.

OK. So from what I have gathered so far I need to purchase a new 32 gb class 6 SD card and a card reader and that should make life a whole lot easier for me. In the meantime don't re insert my 64gb Sandisk one. I also assume as I am a professional driver and to fill a 32gb card in one drive would be all too easy (based on a 8 gb only recording just over 75 mins) then I need to de power it at every opportunity)

Would it help to record on a different resolution setting other than HDR and if so what would be a good one to select out of the numerous option available? (last question I promise) Well that is until the new stuff arrives and creates a few more

OK. So from what I have gathered so far I need to purchase a new 32 gb class 6 SD card and a card reader and that should make life a whole lot easier for me
Correct.

In the meantime don't re insert my 64gb Sandisk one
Correct

I also assume as I am a professional driver and to fill a 32gb card in one drive would be all too easy (based on a 8 gb only recording just over 75 mins)
Correct
The 0826 has a bit rate of almost 15MB in 2560x1080 in Super Fine setting.
This would only give you just about 75 mins as you mentioned.

Would it help to record on a different resolution setting other than HDR and if so what would be a good one to select out of the numerous option available?
I always recommend recording in the highest possible setting unless you are driving at night and need the HDR
I used a PNY U3 Turbo Performance Class 10 64GB (Amazon ASIN:B00W77C1QU) in my 0826 and at a glance do not seem to have any issues.

last question I promise
It's always good to ask questions. It's the best way to learn.

vTflUCX.png

HDR off here.

PLEASE ACCEPT THAT I AM TOTALLY IGNORANT WITH TECHNOLOGY.

This said, I used the camera again today without making any alterations to it at all. I have recorded a 150 mile journey and unplugged it at every stop, to limit recording time.

Connecting my camera via the USB lead supplied as per normal for me. I saw that there was 83 “files” almost immediately I get the familiar pop up message:-

Importing Pictures & Videos

The following error occurred while importing AMBA0898.MOV:

What do you want to do?

Try again

Skip this file

Skip all files with errors

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------I selected skip file and received same message for the nest file number and again and again. I then selected Skip all files with errors and it terminated importing.

Now at this point in the past I tried various things and finally after several days decided my 64gb class 10 SD card was the cause of the errors. But this time based on the fact it worked yesterday I went into the Video folder and saw two files from today. I selected them both and they played. I then disconnected my camera from the laptop. The camera was “frozen” as is often the case when something has gone wrong. I have now discovered that a long press on the on/off button closes it down. I then reconnected it to my laptop and it said it was uploading 81 files and it did so successfully in double quick time. It took approx ten minutes were as last night it took a good couple of hours to upload 74 files.

Has anybody got a clue as to what is happening and why. This has been my issue from day one.

Correct.

Correct

Correct
The 0826 has a bit rate of almost 15MB in 2560x1080 in Super Fine setting.
This would only give you just about 75 mins as you mentioned.

I always recommend recording in the highest possible setting unless you are driving at night and need the HDR
I used a PNY U3 Turbo Performance Class 10 64GB (Amazon ASIN:B00W77C1QU) in my 0826 and at a glance do not seem to have any issues.

It's always good to ask questions. It's the best way to learn.

vTflUCX.png

HDR off here.
I had assumed that HDR was the ultimate setting. Is this not the case? Why not use HDR in the darkness? I don't want to be faffing with the settings at all really. Could you tell me an optimum setting that I can select and just leave?

I has selected a new SD card to buy because I was concerned that all the problems that I am having was being caused by my additional Sandisk 64gb class 10 card. But you state that you are using a 64gb class 10 without issue and therefore I will go for the one that you mention. However I have a concern with the card reader that has been recommended a Trnscend Information USB 3.0 card reader because for one it's 6x more expensive than most others and secondly mu USB ports are only 2.0. I do not know if the extra price will give me added value or if I'm simply wasting money. Please advice and I will get the cars and reader ordered. thank you.

Sounds like a dodgy card - you didn't buy it off eBay did you? 9 times out of 10 dashcam problems are due to fake cards.

Try formatting it and running it through this tool to see if it's ok or not.

https://sosfakeflash.wordpress.com/h2testw/

Are you connecting the camera to the PC or do you have some sort of microSD reader that you plug into a USB port?

Sounds like a dodgy card - you didn't buy it off eBay did you? 9 times out of 10 dashcam problems are due to fake cards.

Try formatting it and running it through this tool to see if it's ok or not.

https://sosfakeflash.wordpress.com/h2testw/

Are you connecting the camera to the PC or do you have some sort of microSD reader that you plug into a USB port?
It is the built in card that came with the camera. As yet noy using card reader. It worked yesyerday and nothing altered since. My extra card (currently not installed) was bought from Amazon.

I had assumed that HDR was the ultimate setting. Is this not the case? Why not use HDR in the darkness? I don't want to be faffing with the settings at all really. Could you tell me an optimum setting that I can select and just leave?
If I remember correctly HDR makes video better at night. So if you drive a lot at night the HDR setting might be better for you. However I do not drive much at night so I leave it at 2560x1080.

has selected a new SD card to buy because I was concerned that all the problems that I am having was being caused by my additional Sandisk 64gb class 10 card. But you state that you are using a 64gb class 10 without issue and therefore I will go for the one that you mention.
The 64GB part is not the problem. The fact that it is a SanDisk card is the problem. DashCams (not just this mini) do not like SanDisk cards.

However I have a concern with the card reader that has been recommended a Trnscend Information USB 3.0 card reader because for one it's 6x more expensive than most others and secondly mu USB ports are only 2.0. I do not know if the extra price will give me added value
I just happen to use that one myself so I know it works well.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/B0187107VK
CheckYourLights Your recomendation is way too expensive over here £122!! It seems that our card readers and cards are priced a whole lot higher in the UK

Your recomendation is way too expensive over here £122!!
Sorry I had not noticed you were from the UK
You could try ASIN B00CHHTOII. The Transcend 64GB card for £14.66
I use this card in a few other DashCams without issues. Transcend and Samsung seem to be the go to brand for DashCams around here. I just happened to use the PNY because I got it on Flash deal cheap at Amazon US

Sorry I had not noticed you were from the UK
You could try ASIN B00CHHTOII. The Transcend 64GB card for £14.66
I use this card in a few other DashCams without issues. Transcend and Samsung seem to be the go to brand for DashCams around here. I just happened to use the PNY because I got it on Flash deal cheap at Amazon US
Thanks for that. I will get on and order it. By the way, I seemed to have turned off the microphone by accident, do you know how to turn it back on?

If it's like the Nano and 0806 I think you just hold the up key while it's recording.

If you can mount the camera with the internal flash then also try that program I linked to as it will fill the internal memory and then try reading it back.

Back