Mini0801 custom firmwares

Unfortunately Not. We have to wait for a kph Firmware.

Is there a simple way to replace the startup image?

20131202 · MPH · GPS · External memory · RegistratorViewer as DVRPlayer

20131202 · MPH · GPS · Internal memory · External memory · RegistratorViewer as DVRPlayer
Hmm. I'm trying to update using the 1 Card with RegViewer and my camera refuses to ask if I want to update the firmware.

Do I need to change the filename?

I'm currently already on 1202, the first version that was posted on the forum.

20131202 · MPH · GPS · Internal memory · External memory · RegistratorViewer as DVRPlayer
Hello,
I am new here. This is a great forum to find information on the mini 0801. I have few questions, and sorry if I am intruding.
I have the Ojocam Pro with GPS, the hardware looks exactly the same as the E-Prance 0801, not sure if the firmware here can be applied on the Ojocam (GPS w/o memory). I tried the 1201 -1 card regview.bin on a microsd card and it does not offer me to update the firmware, I tried renaming and still no luck. Maybe the firmware here is not compatible with the Ojocam. Ojocam does not offer any firmware on their site but I noticed mine came with firmware 120313.
Another quick question, what is the 'RegistratorViewer' what does it do exactly?
You answer is greatly appreciated.
John

Strange. I finally got the firmware update to work for me using this file, but it does not contain Registrator Viewer...

I'll check that. Maybe I uploaded the wrong file :D
@John H. Which filenames did you try so far?

I just deleted "DVR" and manually replaced it with Regviewer on the card :D

Can you please specify the file format and pic size to prepare the custom startup /shutdown logo?
I think in other thread MadJava gave info it should be JPG 838x633. Is this correct?
Any filesize limitations?

838 x 633px
24 bit
96 dpi
no EXIF (I can remove it for you)
Filesize should not be greater than 100KB

Since everyone else is doing it, would you mind if you compile mine together?

I'd like it to have 20131202 + GPS + External Memory + With Sound +Keep standard player (been most stable to me)
With this as boot and shutdown
http://imageshack.com/a/img13/1596/j3k3.jpg

and Tobi@s, would you mind posting a tutorial later on? I'd really love to learn how to swap the files myself as I plan on doing it often to match my car's splash screen setups.

Last edited:
Hi Darren, could you please provide the required firmware? I don't have a No gps version.

Hi Darren, could you please provide the required firmware? I don't have a No gps version.
Ah good point I hadn't noticed it wasn't available. Am I right in thinking a GPS firmware will work with a non GPS camera? If so can I just have that please?

Cheers,

Darren

I guess that would work, yes

Just FYI: The latest version would be 20131230. Shall I still use 20131202 for the modification?

I'll guinea pig the latest version if you have it!

Cheers,

Darren

Back