mini0805 firmware -11.26.2014

Rayman.Chan

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
China
Dash Cam
mini0806, mini0806S, mini0903/0905, mini0906, mini0808
some users feedback the motion detection is not so sensitive as their requirement, so we create a update today.
motion detection changing log: high 50 mid 300 low 1000.

download here:
http://www.megcn.com/cn/upload/product/dvr/X34/firmware/20141125_0805_firmware_GPS.zip
enjoy!

please notice if you have difficulty to stop the recording when the camera is working on HIGH motion detection, please take out the microSD temporarily, to enter setting to degrade the sensitivity.
that will make you crazy to pause the recording!

you are free to copy/spread the firmware but please feedback the bugs to rayman if you find any.

It might be worth @DashCamMan creating new Mini 0805 and 0806 sections please now they're launching just to keep the threads all separate?

Maybe set as
Code:
                                            >0801
                                            >0803
                        Mini 080X    
                                             >0805
                                             >0806

In this firmware we have a menu
Choose Card
And my 0805 have only one card.

enjoy,
Mtz

In this firmware we have a menu
Choose Card
And my 0805 have only one card.
EDIT
Just flashed my 0805 and everything seems okay.
The card menu says Inner and Outer so I am guessing it is for units with internal storage.

Mine is Micro SD card only. When I put the card in it seems to record regardless if I select inner or outer in the menu. When I remove it it gives an error trying to record selecting inner or outer

One thing that I stumbled on by accident by bumping the power button is that it turns the screen off. That is kind of neat because I am a screen off person, but I hope if you get a chance you can add the 15/30 second screen time outs here as well.

Last edited:
That error is just a screen warning which is telling about the card is full.
When selecting the card the option is always outter, no matter if you chose inner.

If you want screen off just insert a 3.5mm AV jack in AV out. ;-)

enjoy,
Mtz

Just got the set for 2 weeks and it's working really well. Until the last few days when occassionally, it will produce a chime and stopped recording. Lucky I checked the videos so now I will just press the power button and it resumes recording. Just a bit puzzled why it is behaving this way.

Just got the set for 2 weeks and it's working really well. Until the last few days when occassionally, it will produce a chime and stopped recording. Lucky I checked the videos so now I will just press the power button and it resumes recording. Just a bit puzzled why it is behaving this way.
Give your memory card a test with h2testw, maybe run check disk first to see if there are any corrupt files causing problems...

Is there any way to turn off the light? During night time, the light is so bright and reflecting on the back of the rear view mirror. That people think I'm 'flashing blue'. And I am no cop!
And how about the sound during startup? I've got the cam for 3 days now and it already drives me crazy.

Cheers.

Is there any way to turn off the light? During night time, the light is so bright and reflecting on the back of the rear view mirror. That people think I'm 'flashing blue'. And I am no cop!
And how about the sound during startup? I've got the cam for 3 days now and it already drives me crazy.

Cheers.
For the light - Black marker pen or black electrical tape depending on how much you want to turn down the light. If you want to do a really good job of it then they go on the inside end as the led you can see is actually a light pipe carrying light from the real leds.

For the sound - Black electrical tape over the speaker grill makes a huge difference. That is the small three hole grill on the front of the case - not the big ventilation grill which you definitely don't want to cover.

I've got the firmware from the link above.
Next step, how do I flash my 0805?

Cheers.

I've got the firmware from the link above.
Next step, how do I flash my 0805?

Cheers.
Put firmware.bin in the root folder of your microSD card, put the card in the camera, turn the camera on, answer the question with a "YES"...
When done delete the firmware.bin file again.

This is how you answer a question! Thank you sir!

Last edited:
It sucks. I need the motion detection, so I did the flash. Now the 805 is dead, thanks.

My new mini 0805 will not boot. I get a red led light when I plug it to usb. Tried holding down the power button for 60sec and still nothing.
Anyway trying to run the recovery procedure for the 0803 but need a copy of the 0805 ELF firmware file. could someone please direct me to how I can get this?
Thanks

Same for me... Got my new 0805 today, did the update. It said update OK, powered off and won't boot anymore... Please help, same problem as kom...

Same over here, I got also the red light :(.

I've got the 0805 firmware (inc. .elf file) from
https://dashcamtalk.com/mini-0805/
Allmost on the bottom of the page you find the firmware: 20141204_0805_firmware_GPS.zip

Next step is, what now?
The download in the (0803 repair) link above, doesn't work anymore.
I've got an version of "DirectUSB" from another website, but I have to modify a file and select a "Board" (?)

Am I in the right way, or is it completely different for the 0805?
The things I've tried so far, didn't work :(

Another red light!! also tried to install https://dashcamtalk.com/mini-0805/#Latest_Firmware -- 20141204_0805_GPS.zip
In my case, I only copied the .bin file to the memory card.. not the .elf file --> should I have done that? ; in previous updates only the .bin file was needed and update was ok...

Also my cam won't startup anymore and only shows the red light. Nothing seems to help.

Can someone please help and tell us how to recover or repair to a working version of the firmware?!?

--> Edit: Solved the issue by flashing the cam with an 0803 .elf file via USB... looks like the shop didn't send me an 0805 as ordered...

Last edited:
Mike what you did was right. You only have to copy the .bin file to the root of your camera (sd-card).
The problem is that the firmware for some reason isn't working as it should be :(. The firmware install seems to be ok, but afterwards the cam won't start anymore.

The .elf file you only need for recovering your Camera.
How I can't tell you at the moment, i'm stuck with the same problem :(.

Yesterday I've tried to create a usb cable with pin 4 and 5 connected. I screwed 3 cable's so I think it's time for me to order a cable from China.

With the original cable I was able to make my Camera visible on the computer, and install other firmware (with Direct USB II).
Installation seems to be fine, but when the 100% is reached I received the message: Failed to install! :( :( :(

So it's still work in progress, hopefully someone else can give us a solution. Otherwise when I find something, I let you know!

Back