mini0906 public pre-production beta release

@kamkar1 How much import duty, tax and fee, will there put on a packet like this.

I am not sure, depend what value they put on it, but it is a expensive form of shipping and since i have to pay taxes on the price MEG paid for shipping then it will be more expensive than the usual slow boat out of China.

But if the parcel are just valued at the minimum 20 dollars or so i assume i will get off cheap by paying 3-400 DKkr, where 160 DKkr of those will be the handling fee that the Danish government allowed companies like DHL and so on to collect for their effort here in the country.

And BTW i have never gotten a parcel with any of the shipping companies that have actually been opened and inspected, but this happen with most parcels arriving where Danish postal do the last leg of the trip to my door.

I don't think the shipping companies really bother about what get in to the country, they just want to maximize their profit, and opening parcels and inspecting them will cut into that, though it is the reason they are allowed to collect the 160 DKkr as the actual shipping are already paid for by the sender.

Denmark is a strange country. :rolleyes:

It's give me goose bum just to read it. I have always named these for "envy tax's"

I am not sure, depend what value they put on it, but it is a expensive form of shipping and since i have to pay taxes on the price MEG paid for shipping then it will be more expensive than the usual slow boat out of China.

But if the parcel are just valued at the minimum 20 dollars or so i assume i will get off cheap by paying 3-400 DKkr, where 160 DKkr of those will be the handling fee that the Danish government allowed companies like DHL and so on to collect for their effort here in the country.

And BTW i have never gotten a parcel with any of the shipping companies that have actually been opened and inspected, but this happen with most parcels arriving where Danish postal do the last leg of the trip to my door.

I don't think the shipping companies really bother about what get in to the country, they just want to maximize their profit, and opening parcels and inspecting them will cut into that, though it is the reason they are allowed to collect the 160 DKkr as the actual shipping are already paid for by the sender.

Denmark is a strange country. :rolleyes:

We will know for sure soon, my tracking number say the 0906 are in Germany now, so i figure i have to pay my dues tomorrow.

Same with owning a house here, even it you have paid cash for it, well then you will have to pay taxes on the house, and the property it lies on, or that is currently there are a tax stop in place for that.

Danish house owners pay around 40 billion DKkr in property taxes every year, and i still think most people here live in a apartment like me.

I've just paid DHL £4.68 - that should cover everything, for people who live in the UK :)

It's already in the UK, should be with me in the morning...

I should get mine Thursday, and weather is fine so it should also go in my car the same day.
DHL do say Wednesday on their site and sure the parcel will be in Denmark tomorrow ( was processed in Leipzig Germany a little over 10 this evening ), but they forget to take into account everything have to be complicated in Denmark.

That being said i will have my phone with sound and vibrations on tonight, just in case i can pay what i have to early tomorrow and then also get or pick up the camera tomorrow.

But i doubt i should be so lucky.

Today via GLS i got new wipers for my car, so at least that way i can keep dirt off my windscreen when i cant afford to have the scratched pice of glass replaced.

Anyway i figure scratches will just make up for a more lifelike testing conditions.

we marked the parcel value as $30 to save your tax.
and the DHL shipping cost $20 here by Hongkong DHL, if China DHL it will be double.

Seem like i was that lucky, just paid around 250 DKkr for a parcel that is in a DHL van on the way to my door :cool:

Seem like i was that lucky, just paid around 250 DKkr for a parcel that is in a DHL van on the way to my door :cool:
You paid more than the value of the camera :eek: 5x what I paid o_O For a piece of test equipment that doesn't belong to you...

Don't think I want to move to Denmark!

I've just paid DHL £4.68 - that should cover everything, for people who live in the UK :)

It's already in the UK, should be with me in the morning...
Same here, just waiting for them to turn up.

A random video but here's a clip from an IMX291 CCTV camera catching a cat having a bath (and popping) our toddlers paddling pool a couple of nights ago:

:D

I heard someone has got the parcel already!
have fun and remember to submit your thoughts!

I just got mine, and have snapped a few pictures of the nice box and what is inside it.

A nice and heavy box i must say :)
Packaging looks just fine.

Proceeding to get dressed and go install the camera, not sure i can do the install of the rear camera with what little i have at home of tools and such, but if not that will be done tomorrow at my friends house.

Here are the few box pictures i managed to get before the install urge got the better of me.
09061.jpg

09062.jpg

09063.jpg

09064.jpg

09065.jpg

09066.jpg

09067.jpg

Nice elegant looking box! Hoping my unit shows up sometime soon; tracking just says "by end of day" however they define that. The nearest local DHL hub is over a hundred miles away in another state so there's no way to predict when the delivery guy may show up. They have like one or two guys to cover a huge delivery area and each stop can be dozens of miles apart. I don't envy these guys.

Too funny! The DHL guy showed up about twenty seconds after I posted the above message! :D Haven't even opened the package yet and probably won't until I get some damned work done, as tempted as I might be. :)

The driver told me his base of operations is 120 miles away and he logs between 350 and 400 miles a day on his route. His next stop after me is 25 miles away. Such is life in rural America. Basically, I guess they need to do it this way because DHL can only function if they are right there near an international airport.

Our DHL guys have the opposite problem - due to the way they have to meet each parcels delivery target they'll drive around our area most of the day visiting the same street three or four times (or at least that's what one very stressed driver complained about to me the other day).

Here is some footage from the UK (the front camera is currently out of focus on the left hand side quite severely):

I don't know where my packet is, maybe there reroute it through Arlington, TX. I should be a fast trip from local DHL, since I'm only a few miles away from the hub.

Here is some footage from the UK (the front camera is currently out of focus on the left hand side quite severely)

I can hardly believe the front images are from 0906.
I promise we did a great focusing here in our factory and then shiped the cameras.

we will show the videos to engineers and workers and find out what happened.
very sad :(

Sorry @Rayman.Chan - Is it possible to ship one of these back so that it can be inspected to try and work out what is the cause (or maybe even if one hasn't been delivered yet have it rejected so it comes straight back to you guys)

The rear camera on mine is currently inside the car behind privacy glass - I need to see if a route is possible but the focus on that is good and you can see from @kamkar1's footage that is good - it's just the front left that is the big issue and sounds like @Nigel's is the same.

Maybe a shim is needed between the PCB and lens mount or it's just the casing pushing on the lens mount?

Last edited:
I received mine as well, will mount it tonight or tomorrow.

Back