mini0906 public pre-production beta release

I get bored reading about your receives:(. I will go out and vacuum clean the car and clean the inside windshield. The out side gonna be just before driving. We got so much pollen here, just after 15 minute, you will see a yellow tone of dust where you have cleaned.

I think Rayman got at deal with DHL, about they first should deliver, when I got a clean car. He just show up as I was finished.

I have mounted the cam in the car and took a test ride.
The default setting for G-sensor, is to sensitive, its registered small potholes in the road and lock the file.

The sun is low and I got some red reflection in the lens.

At 2:37 (turn right) Mr T. returning to The White House in golf cart, after a hard day playing on D.C. mall.
The white square in the top, is my radio.

Last edited:
Here are a couple of pics of the installation into a VW CC - excuse the sticky residue above the 0906 - I need to go at that with some more isopropyl alcohol / nail varnish remover or similar to remove it.

You can see the rear camera cable hanging temporarily as I couldn't get the length needed to fully hide the cable (it probably would have been fine to the right but I usually run cables to the left so they're on the passenger side - in this instance it would work better to the right hand side of the car.

20170504_081358.jpg 20170504_081324.jpg

Here is the setup in my car.
To the left of rear mirror A119s, then Mini 906 and to the right, the rear camera.
IMGP1471.JPG
IMGP1472.JPG IMGP1473.JPG IMGP1474.JPG
Cable storage under moon roof.
IMGP1475.JPG IMGP1476.JPG

Last edited:
Doesn't need an angled connector. Rear camera input should be available through the mount as well, will clean things up.

It is correct this file should be unzip and placed in the root of the SD card?
I don't read any instruction for upgrade in the guide.

yes un-zip the download file and place the FIRMWARE.BIN in the root folder then power on the camera, the upgrading will be processed automatically.

Doesn't need an angled connector. Rear camera input should be available through the mount as well, will clean things up.
we used to use the stright connector and we found there will be interference with windshield glass if the glass angle is less than 30degree from horizontal; then we made the new tooling for angled rear cam cable.
There are 6 wires in the small cable which is not easy to connect through mount, because it is digital signal transmission. If a VGA rear camera it will be quite easy by analog.

we used to use the stright connector and we found there will be interference with windshield glass if the glass angle is less than 30degree from horizontal; then we made the new tooling for angled rear cam cable.

How about making the moulding for the mini USB side not as tall, the angled connector looks out of place..

How about making the moulding for the mini USB side not as tall, the angled connector looks out of place..
Not that I'm not agree with you, but I think if there use a low profile, you won't have access to reset and USB port.

Last edited:
Just saw something interesting in the manual:
"The button of remote controller is big enough for blind operating so please keep your eyes on traffic."

Not really sure what that means ;)

"The button of remote controller is big enough for blind operating so please keep your eyes on traffic."

"The button of remote controller is big enough to operate by touch, so please keep your eyes on the road." (y)

I often wonder why the drive-up ATM at my bank has braille on the keypad. :D

blind cyclist.jpg

I also got a sample of this camera. Since I liked the mini series (despite 4 out of my 5 mini 080Xes arent rel iable anymore) I'm looking forward to test the camera.

Unfortunately it all started with typical "Germany issues". I had to pay 36,66€ import VAT (beat that, hah) for a camera with a declared AND accepted value of 30,00€. But lets not talk about that, thats not the cameras fault :D

The black package looks really nice. The inner boxes are smelling a bit "fishy"

Cons during setup:
  • I cannot keep up or down buttons pressed during time setup to cycle through the possible time values. I have to press them everytime I want to increase or decrease a value
  • I did not read the manual yet (I usually dont read manuals and hope that features work as I expect them to): I have no idea how the remote button works and/or what it does. Pressing it didn't result in protecting the file or taking a screenshot (again, thats what I expect it to do). It seems like it does nothing
Pros during setup:
  • Menu almost looks like the one from ambarella based mini080xes even though its using a novatek SoC

First impression after setup:
  • I really like the form factor.
  • But theres also something annoying (dont laugh!): The startup jingle. It doesnt match with the shutdown jingle which sounds much more modern. I want a startup jingle which sounds similar to the shutdown sound! :D
Hardwiring:
I'm not quite sure how I am going to mount the rear camera since the gap between my trunk door and roof is really huge once I open it.. Front mount was easy, unfortunately my windshield is kinda flat so the lens is not very close to the glass...

I definitely have to clean my windshield before I can comment on video quality...

EDIT: Two more things after I've checked the video files: GPS files should be in another folder in my opinion.
Second: Naming convention of the files is strange but rayman already knows this afaik

Nevertheless I uploaded one of the first videos to youtube so you can enjoy three boring minutes of german autobahn

Last edited:
Back