Mio MiVue 658 Touch

Andrew Harrold

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just purchased one of these cameras for my van.
I can get it to power up beyond the "Hello" notification, past the disclaimer screen and showing footage, it then just powers itself off. I've now fully charged the unit and have tried it both with the power cord in my van with engine running (without the stupid plastic mount part fitted, so it definitely gets a good power connection), and on its own internal battery power, both do exactly the same. I also thought that it might have some issues with my SD card so I removed it and tried again, exactly the same error.
Has anyone else suffered this problem? Tried calling their technical support but it shuts at 4pm.
Thanks

Make sure to format the memory card in the dashcam itself. Could try a different card too. Some dashcams have settings that turn the camera off automatically after a certain amount of time, so go through the settings. Are you getting any video before shutdown?

Just get into the settings and it powers off, no time to format or change anything.

Are you connected to a computer or directly to an outlet or car adaptor? A computer USB port does not supply enough power.

Ok. Managed to get some progress.
Plugged into the van, without the mounting clip that impedes the power cable I started the van engine and on it came automatically. Into the menu and checked the Software version.
My brand new supplied device was on R01.31
On their website the download gives you 2 options, one for versions R01.36 or lower, and R01.37 and above. So seems my version is well old, I downloaded the R01.36 and below option and now my device is R01.50
Ive had to use the 32GB SD card from my old reliable Aldi Dashcam as it won't recognise my 128GB SanDisk card, despite being the required standard & speed as they recommend.
Will now need to see if it's possible to alter the plastic clip to allow the power cord to fit properly, otherwise it won't attach to the screen.
Thanks for the help.

I have read this manual in the past and I know it states it supports up to 128GB, but I think that since it has 2 slots for microSD cards, it may only accept a 64GB in each slot. Manual is not very clear on that, so this is just my opinion. Good luck.

Yeah very unclear. Slot 2 is basically a waste of space, it doesn't increase the recording length, it's just for copying footage across onto from card 1 you want to save.

Hmm, I wonder if it's used as a backup? Sort of like Raid on a computer. Maybe it records the same footage to both slots incase one card has an issue? Let me know, I would be interested in finding out.

No, it only records to slot 1. You can then save footage manually from the menu system to slot 2. Completely useless slot.

Back