Missed a minor accident due to inconvenient malfunction

Genki

Reaction score
Country
United States
Had to stop for a semi-truck that was trying to back up on a narrow street behind a shopping center and get its trailer lined up to a dollar store so I waited. That's when the trailer ripped out a small tree because the driver was on the grass instead of the driveway, he was off by several feet like he never took driving lesson. I was going to post it on YT but noticed my cam wasn't on and wouldn't turn on.

DOH!

When I got home, I checked around, 12v good from the add-a-fuse, good fuse, but no 5v output. Looks like the power supply died and the battery inside the cam went flat.

Bummer. It was only a few months old. :( 0805

I don't know about the Mini series, but some budget cams come with cheap PS's. I prefer to get a cable and a quality PS. I've been using a 2.4A Anker for well over a year with no issues at all.

Some PS's hide a fuse in the center tip. Try unscrewing it, you might get lucky.

Phil

Had to stop for a semi-truck that was trying to back up on a narrow street behind a shopping center and get its trailer lined up to a dollar store so I waited. That's when the trailer ripped out a small tree because the driver was on the grass instead of the driveway, he was off by several feet like he never took driving lesson. I was going to post it on YT but noticed my cam wasn't on and wouldn't turn on.

DOH!

When I got home, I checked around, 12v good from the add-a-fuse, good fuse, but no 5v output. Looks like the power supply died and the battery inside the cam went flat.

Bummer. It was only a few months old. :( 0805
Try to power up mini 0805 from usb power at home. If mini 0805 is still good, then buy another PS.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
TonyM Dash Cam Discussion 78
A Dash Cam Discussion 2
Back