missing seconds of video

just found out: the video player does matter. unfortunately the only one that works on my windows xp the way I want is a "datakam player / registrator viewer". it doesn't display the route on a map, but lets me fast forward the video and has 3 settings for a "renderer" - "vmr (windows xp)", "simple", and the third one is "EVR (for windows vista / 7)". the "vmr (windows xp) setting works well with the 1440p & 1296p. for a 1080p@60fps i have to switch to a "simple", then i have no video frames / seconds missing.
:)

have another question or an idea. some people suggest to format an SD card, then record the video test. assuming the card is 50% full, what the purpose to format the card? the camera doesn't really format it, I think, it performs something like a "quick format", just removing the list of content on the card. if the card is good, not the "full format", or "quick format", or 3 formats on a computer and the camera would solve the problem with the video, right?
but what if the card is full and the camera starts over writing the oldest files, which are not exactly of the same size? a peace of a file doesn't fit into a space of a deleted file, and where the camera writes the rest of it? if the camera would delete 2 older files before writing the first new one, then the file written will be in one peace and in one place, not all over the card. the files on the card would not be fragmented, which would give the CPU enough time to properly write the current file.
it would make sense to format a card, if you change the video resolution or the length of the file.
how the camera writes or over writes the files?
:)

Last edited:
on the first camera re-applied the firmware + reset the settings to default, configured the camera to my likes, on the second camera (both cameras had the same problem) just reset the settings to default and configured it, and all my problems with missing seconds of video are gone. i didn't format the memory cards, not before not after the firmware update or settings reset. have hours of a good video from both cameras on 64gb Samsung Evo Select, Lexar 128gb and Samsung Eve Plus 128gb. took awhile to test and retest. so all my memory cards are good, as well as the cables, adapters, power banks etc.
i think the problem appeared when i tried to have the cameras recording while they were connected to a power bank, and the power bank was charging itself from the power outlet in a car. :)
thanks everyone for the help!!

i think the problem appeared when i tried to have the cameras recording while they were connected to a power bank, and the power bank was charging itself from the power outlet in a car. :)

this would certainly be an issue, more info about what you were doing probably would have lead to you being advised of this, these types of problems are most often either memory card or power supply related, it gets mentioned over and over, you're not the first, I'm sure you won't be the last :)

more info about what you were doing probably would have lead to you being advised of this
sure! you ask a question like if "this" would work and get all kind of answers, from "no" to "yes" and a bunch in between, like "i don't know", "possibly", "why do you you want it to work this way?".
i found out not only "why" my idea doesn't work, but how to "fix" my problems with the video. :)
now i have a question: why the settings on the camera get corrupted so easy?

good news!!
there is nothing wrong with my 2 cameras!!
I had a problem not with the video/audio recording, but with a corruption of the audio/video codecs my Datakam Player used, had them corrupted more than twice which never happened to me before. and all the adapters, cables, memory cards, power banks - everything just works! and the cameras record good video/audio even when connected to a power bank, which is connected to a power outlet through a Bestek power extender and (power bank) charges itself when the engine is running, and even stop/start engine doesn't interrupt the recording. :)

Quicktime player gave me jumpy playback. VLC for Mac plays 1440p fine from my A119.

Last edited:
I have just sent PM to you, wish you can send video to me to check.
talking about support. here it is.. kudos @viofo cheers.

new hardware, a lot of improvements to be made and everyone wants it yesterday.
Human nature.
cheers

Quicktime player gave me jumpy playback. VLC was fine for the same clip.
VLC player (the latest version for WinXP) doesn't play 1080p@60fps or 1296p or 1440p. QuickTime Player (the latest version for WinXP) plays video with up to 16fps, not even 30fps. :)

WinXP doesn't do a lot of stuff these days unfortunately, to be fair it is very old and these kinds of resolutions weren't at all typical back then

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R A119 7
W A119 17
T A119 12
Limeybastard A119 4
Back