Mobius Battery - Link two 820mah together?

All protected LiIon cells are done after-market; none are manufactured with protection. So with a protected cell you're adding another chance for something to go wrong and if you rely on the LV protection to tell you when to recharge you're taking even more risks than you should. As long as the FPV goggles shielded the cells from direct exposure to the eyes and you use the cells properly, the rest is in the luck of the draw. In other words a very small risk.

From an old-timer's BLF siggy: "You are more likely to be hit on the head by a dead fish dropped by a seagull in the middle of the Sahara than to have a LiIon cell burn" :ROFLMAO: I tend to agree as long as you're exercising proper care, charging, monitoring, and use of good LiIon cells ;) Change any of those parameters and all bets are off :eek:

Phil

All protected LiIon cells are done after-market; none are manufactured with protection. So with a protected cell you're adding another chance for something to go wrong and if you rely on the LV protection to tell you when to recharge you're taking even more risks than you should. As long as the FPV goggles shielded the cells from direct exposure to the eyes and you use the cells properly, the rest is in the luck of the draw. In other words a very small risk.

From an old-timer's BLF siggy: "You are more likely to be hit on the head by a dead fish dropped by a seagull in the middle of the Sahara than to have a LiIon cell burn" :ROFLMAO: I tend to agree as long as you're exercising proper care, charging, monitoring, and use of good LiIon cells ;) Change any of those parameters and all bets are off :eek:

Phil

Well, you should go right ahead and put old re-purposed 18650 cells an inch or two in front of your eyes if it pleases you. Be my guest. I would do it with fresh cells but in this case I'll sit this one out.

Yikes! I think the last place I would install used, unprotected 18650 cells would be in a device that is worn right in front of my eyes! :arghh:

I think for FPV goggles I would opt for brand new high quality name brand cells like maybe the protected Panasonic NCR-18650B and leave the unprotected used batteries for some other device where they wouldn't cause a catastrophic injury if something went wrong, even if the chances of that happening seem remote.

Well, exactly on the SIDE ofmy head...(which might not be much better). But if I survived soldering wires on top of them...

@dash, check out this great info page on Eneloops. Indeed, my Pro AAs are the 4th gen. My standard are 1 st gen.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?364607-Overview-All-eneloop-batteries-2005-2018

@Radius8, Thanks for the link! I'm actually quite familiar that thread except that I haven't visited in quite some time. I've been hanging around CPF for about eight years or so now, although less so than I used to. There's always a wealth of great battery info on that forum. In fact, CPF was where I first became aware of Eneloops.

FYI, if you want to tag someone on DCT you really need to use their full member name or they won't get an alert. Seems @dash who you tagged instead of me is a member who joined DCT back on April 1, 2014 which was also the last time he ever logged in.

Back