Mobius C2 test video

9a6or

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Mobius C2, Mobius Maxi B2
Based on my first test recordings today, the C2 lens gives really nice even sharp focus on the whole field of view including the corners. See a sample video recorded at Liverpool One through the thick glass in the back of a shop: http://gjbarton.darktech.org:8080/Mobius/REC_0017.MOV. If the heat related focus shift is also gone then this will be a cracking little camera! All I need now is some sunshine to test...

lens parameters that you recorded this video?

lens type: Lens A, B or C settings?

Thanks

There is no specific setting in the latest firmware v2.37 for C2 lens so I used the C setting.

Nice.
There's some talks of more lens flare with the C2 compared to C. Can you post some night clips. Thanks.

Narrow or wide?

Yes, I saw some lens flare when moving the camera when sitting in the living room and watching it live on my mobile phone with the OTG cable. The ceiling light was outside the field of view but I could still see a small flare. When the light is in the FOV then there is some obvious flare.

The days are long here now so I'm not sure when I can get night clips.

Yes, I saw some lens flare when moving the camera when sitting in the living room and watching it live on my mobile phone with the OTG cable. The ceiling light was outside the field of view but I could still see a small flare. When the light is in the FOV then there is some obvious flare.

The days are long here now so I'm not sure when I can get night clips.

Understand about the long days. It's same here.
Just wish to see if the lens flares are tolerable with on coming cars and street lights. So whenever you're able to get some will be appreciated.

ah! this is when used with the underwater housing of Joovuu

Mobius C2 lens flare of street lights at night (WDR on):
vlcsnap-2015-07-28-00h38m42s95.png

Some of the flare was due to smeared lens.

Last edited:
Thanks.
Street lights flares but house lights on the right didn't.

In Youtube
I found these 2 tests videos (day and night)

TRACTORS AND TRACTORS , AND MORE TRACTORS

Understand about the long days. It's same here.
Just wish to see if the lens flares are tolerable with on coming cars and street lights. So whenever you're able to get some will be appreciated.
Very very hard to find no flare lens like Mobius C lens, Mobius have to switch to the C2 lens duo to high defective percentage of C lens.

Here's a short clip of mine showing the C2 lens flare, its not a problem that is unless a little lens flare really annoys you.

It replaced a C lens which showed nothing.

Back