Mobius Footage Used on TV

Error7

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Mobius - 808 #16 4 x G1W-H - 2 x 70mai
Since Monday 6th June between 22:00 and 05:00 each weeknight a section of the M60 motorway has been closed to all west bound traffic so all traffic has to leave at junction 16, the A666, and drive through the village where I live. The road is lined with residential properties but Highways England, don't seem to be aware, or perhaps not concerned about the nightmare they are causing for residents who live along this route.

So I configured my Mobius to record continuously and disabled loop recording, connected it to a direct battery supply, stuck it in the side window of my car which was parked on the drive, and left it recording from 23:00 one night. The following morning I checked the files and discovered the Mobius had recorded until 04:20 when the 32Gb SD card was full.

I then edited the video to show only trucks and started counting. I was amazed to discover that over 500 trucks had driven by during the 5 hours 20 minutes so I contacted our local press, the Manchester Evening News and they were happy to run the story.

Over the next 48 hours I was contacted by several newspapers and also our local TV station, Granada, who came down to film my story. This was televised the following night and included footage shot from my Mobius.

Here's the link to my original footage but don't watch it all unless you get pleasure from watching paint dry. :D

Since Monday 6th June between 22:00 and 05:00 each weeknight a section of the M60 motorway has been closed to all west bound traffic so all traffic has to leave at junction 16, the A666, and drive through the village where I live. The road is lined with residential properties but Highways England, don't seem to be aware, or perhaps not concerned about the nightmare they are causing for residents who live along this route.

So I configured my Mobius to record continuously and disabled loop recording, connected it to a direct battery supply, stuck it in the side window of my car which was parked on the drive, and left it recording from 23:00 one night. The following morning I checked the files and discovered the Mobius had recorded until 04:20 when the 32Gb SD card was full.

I then edited the video to show only trucks and started counting. I was amazed to discover that over 500 trucks had driven by during the 5 hours 20 minutes so I contacted our local press, the Manchester Evening News and they were happy to run the story.

Over the next 48 hours I was contacted by several newspapers and also our local TV station, Granada, who came down to film my story. This was televised the following night and included footage shot from my Mobius.

Here's the link to my original footage but don't watch it all unless you get pleasure from watching paint dry. :D

Watching all the trucks drive by is like counting sheep. It's making me sleepy! What's the problem? :p

That is one Truck every 50 seconds

:eek::eek::eek:

That is one Truck every 50 seconds

:eek::eek::eek:

That's the average and that is continuously throughout the night and it doesn't include the hundreds of cars and small commercial vehicles.

Not much you can do, except they could have set up a reduced speed limit, annoying the locals, also. :)

I remember one east/west road in Western NY that was an alternative to using a toll road, and seemed to have more truck traffic in the middle of the night. Some of the friendly residents of one small city weren't happy, and put some signs up in the front yards of the homes that faced the road. The signs weren't exactly 'courteous', and directed at the truckers.
:)

Somehow, the signs made things worse, since some angry truckers reacted by blowing horns at 3am, or depositing trash in the yards with signs as they passed.
:)

It doesn't affect them so they don't care !!!

I once had a traffic management office set up pneumatic traffic counters outside my apartment. After 2 nights of tyre noise (thump-thump sound as cars drive over the tubes), I tracked down their phone number. They stated they were allowed to do this. I suggested they use electronic counters but they did not care that it kept me awake. The next night I removed the tubes from the road and put them in my rubbish bin. Then it was peaceful.

Great & smart use.
Now we need to know all the setting (firmware, frame, fps, if locked w/b was used and such)

Here are the settings I used to record throughout the night. The only settings I changed from my normal usage was I set the Loop Recording (Off) and Video Clip Length (Max) This gave a clip length of about 1 hour 20 minutes which was probably the 4Gb limit.

Mobius Settings.JPG

Would love to see side-by-side footage of the activity on your road vs. what's happening at the ground investigation works.
I think we all know how that would pan out.

Would love to see side-by-side footage of the activity on your road vs. what's happening at the ground investigation works.
I think we all know how that would pan out.

What work is that then :D

Back