Mobius in motion detect mode

Hi all. I have a mobius mounted in my car, but there was no ignition-switched 12V line close by, so I have ended up powering the mobius from a permanent 12V feed via a 5V switchmode regulator. Works fine, except of course unless I want to leave the cameras recording 24/7 I need a way to switch it on and off.

I'm wondering if I can enable motion detect mode and then leave the camera on and leave it up to the camera when to record? Has anyone tried this?

I often get terribly confused about what the status LEDs on the camera are telling me, despite owning four of them for two years! I think the M2 missed a trick as they should have improved the user feedback so you can more clearly see what it is doing, without having to memorise the somewhat obscure functions.

Sorry, I'm wandering off topic. If using the camera in MD mode and also set up to start recording when power applied, do I

1 - connect power
2 - wait for camera to start recording
3 - press shutter button to stop recording
4 - leave it alone?

Many who use motion detect mode for parking simply leave it that way for driving with the power supply always on since there's almost always enough motion to keep the cam recording when driving. You might have it drop outwhile sitting at a red light with no cross-traffic or while waiting in a line with you stopped, and given that it takes a couple seconds to start recording again that might matter to you. Or you can switch modes instead but that can get bungled or forgotten. Sometimes simplicity is the better approach but you can have it either way with Mobius

Phil

Back