mobius lens C (131 deg.) ?! new in BangGood

nir

Reaction score
Country
Israel
Dash Cam
Mobius (B,C2, maxi)

1. The maximum horizontal field of view (HFOV) is increased by nominally 9 deg. to 131 deg. This field of view is available in camera configuration video settings of 1080p_5-30fps wide, 720p_5-30fps wide, and WVGA_5-30fps wide, and in the max resolution for still photos (2304x1536). The wider FOV will, of course, have the expected additional fisheye curvature that's unavoidable with a lens in this price range.

2. It has noticeably better brightness across the entire frame. Edge-to-edge sharpness and image fidelity are on par with lens B.

3. It has EXTREMELY better flare reduction... virtually invisible!

As a first post I thought this video I found could be interesting as a comparison between lens B and C.

The flare reduction is really impressive. I was about to get two lens B versions but now the lens is C just way better.

Is the lens available, as a replacement for existing cams...

Last edited:
too expensive.
it's about half from the value of a new mobius.

too expensive.
it's about half from the value of a new mobius.

Not really. Of course, if you buy individual components and build your own camera you can expect to pay a little more than for a complete ready-to-go camera but it's essentially not that different.

Mobius "C" lens - $27.99 USD https://www.ebay.com/itm/151570716045
Replacement Mobius printed circuit board $43.06 USD -
Replacement Mobius Case - $2.99 USD -
Battery - upgrade 840 mAh - $5.99 USD -
Total = $80.03 (without cradle)

Complete Mobius "C" lens camera from eletoponline - $78.99 USD https://www.ebay.com/itm/151570716045Complete Mobius "C" lens camera from Banggood - $74.99 USD
Edit: When Banggood begins offering the "C" replacement lens it is likely to be priced a bit lower than eletoponline.

Last edited:
i meant that the mobius (lens A) is about 68$ and only the C lens is about half as much.
still too expensive.
if it was 18$ i would try it.

i meant that the mobius (lens A) is about 68$ and only the C lens is about half as much.
still too expensive.
if it was 18$ i would try it.

Why compare the price to a less expensive camera? Apples to Apples, as they say. :)

JooVuu sold the old lenses on their own without the sensor module - have to admit I'm tempted to order one to see what it's like as at least with Mobius lenses you know they're good quality and you're not playing pot luck with random ones from Aliexpress :)

Why compare the price to a less expensive camera? Apples to Apples, as they say. :)
i prefer ordering new camera (lens A) instead of upgrading my mobius from B lens to C lens.
but that's just me.

i prefer ordering new camera (lens A) instead of upgrading my mobius from B lens to C lens.
but that's just me.

Fair enough. Not everyone wants to open up a camera and mess with ribbon cables and connectors.

I think the C lens Mobius camera at $74.99 USD is a very reasonable price.

What's interesrting is that Eletoponline365 didn't, and still doesn't, list the B lens Mobius and now is listing the C lens. Could it be a reflection of how he felt about the B and what lead to the developer making the C lens?

FWIW, Banggood has always sold both the "A" and "B" lens modules, along with virtually any component Mobius replacement or aftermarket part you might want, whereas Eletoponline365 has mostly focused on offering complete cameras, extensions, wiring harnesses and only occasionally other Mobius components. Even the super-capacitor module is something you need to contact Eletoponline365 about that they will make available but have never offered as an eBay listing as far as I know. No doubt Banggood will have the C lens soon.

I think the C lens Mobius camera at $74.99 USD is a very reasonable price.

~$71.24 if you use a BG coupon code. I'm VERY tempted to order one from them.

Although the extra money spent at buymobius/novotm seems like a better investment as he tests all cameras that are to be shipped internationally. However he doesn't have the C lens listed yet.

Edited to change coupon code.

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up on the BG coupon! I'm very tempted to order one too. I've ordered from BG many times now and they have been very reliable. In fact, one time I had a problem when the "B" lens module I ordered proved to be defective on arrival and after I sent a screen shot along with my explanation of the issue they promptly sent out a replacement without asking me to return the bad one. The new one arrived quite fast and the service has always been efficient and friendly.

Sorry guys, I just tried the 8% coupon and its now showing expired.

There is a 5% code that still works "5ideal" and "6e6e0b", and there is supposed to be a 10% code for downloading the banggood mobile app, but I can't find it.

Last edited:
It was working on Saturday when I was researching prices, and the expiration wasn't meant to be for a couple of weeks.

If I find anymore in the next day or two I'll post them here. Need all the coupon help I can get with how bad the $AU is at the moment.

I'll probably just wait for buymobius/novotm to list them.

One needs to be a bit careful with all the coupon sites popping up like mushrooms all over the internet these days. Many of them are basically click farms with phoney or expired coupon offers.

Back