Mobius loses power after acc/startup

can you provide a link to one of these delay timers, and are they as simple as just plugging into the car 12V socket?
I simply searched on ebay for 12v delay timer.
The timer is actually inserted into the power extension cord - 12v plug into socket, 2 x 12v sockets plus a usb port.
Wiring is simply a case of cutting the cable and adding a couple of female connectors. On one side, 12v input + and -, after the timer, you have 12v output + and -. The timer itself is simply a 'pot' where you have to adjust the delay by guesswork. Mine said the range was 0s - 20s so I turned to max & min setting & noted their positions then determined the halfway mark & it seems fairly accurate at 10s.

I simply searched on ebay for 12v delay timer.
The timer is actually inserted into the power extension cord - 12v plug into socket, 2 x 12v sockets plus a usb port.
Wiring is simply a case of cutting the cable and adding a couple of female connectors. On one side, 12v input + and -, after the timer, you have 12v output + and -. The timer itself is simply a 'pot' where you have to adjust the delay by guesswork. Mine said the range was 0s - 20s so I turned to max & min setting & noted their positions then determined the halfway mark & it seems fairly accurate at 10s.

The have some new digital ones now you can set by the numbers.

They are digital numerals, sir. :p

Only when those numerals are counted on your digits (fingers and toes, thumbs inclusive) ;) Or when done in Morse code- the original digital language :p

Phil

The have some new digital ones now you can set by the numbers.
As with my ageing mobius. When it finally gives up, I'll replace. It's not that I'm tight or anything but I'm of a generation where you don't simply replace something just because it's getting old - otherwise the wife would've had her marching orders several years ago :D

yes the settings would need to be applied again, but once reverting back, are the issues you were peviously having resolved?

I haven't got around to reverting that particular Mobius. I"ll post up the results when I've done it.

As with my ageing mobius. When it finally gives up, I'll replace. It's not that I'm tight or anything but I'm of a generation where you don't simply replace something just because it's getting old - otherwise the wife would've had her marching orders several years ago :D
+1 :D

yes the settings would need to be applied again, but once reverting back, are the issues you were peviously having resolved?

I just reverted the problem camera (the one not recording with the low capacitor charge voltage) from 2.41 to 2.33. It kept all the settings that were in 2.41 - unlike the other camera!

Edit: One problem I have noticed with using the capacitor- the recording will fail to save (and I'm guessing you also lose the date/ time) if you happen to apply power and then turn it off within say 10 seconds (ie. when the capacitor hasn't had time to charge up to the required level to save the recording.)

Last edited:
Back