Mobius Maxi 4K - F1.5 Lens C

TonyM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
A139, M1S
The MM4K is now available with a fast F1.5 lens - "Lens C" - which is more suitable for dashcam use than the original F2.8 'Lens A'.

Mobius Maxi MM4K Lens C Action Camera

Be aware that the angle of view with Lens C is noticeably smaller, however this gives a slight zoomed-in appearance that captures more detail within the scene.
Lens A : F2.8, 150° diagonal angle of view (AOV)
Lens C : F1.5, 110° horizontal angle of view

These screenshots show the difference in AOV and scene brightness, recorded on a drive from dusk into night.

2022-03-18 MM4K F1.5 vs F2.8 No1.jpg

2022-03-18 MM4K F1.5 vs F2.8 No2.jpg

2022-03-18 MM4K F1.5 vs F2.8 No3.jpg

2022-03-18 MM4K F1.5 vs F2.8 No4.jpg

Last edited:
Love the new lens, but no capacitor, no deal! It's a dash cam !

I do hope they get the super-cap sorted out soon.

Mobius Maxi 4K - F1.5 Lens C vs F2.8 Lens A - Dusk to Night

Identical settings on both cameras. Default IQ parameters, apart from Contrast set to -1.

video deleted

Last edited:
MM4K - F1.5 Lens C
4K 30fps, 60Mbps, Contrast -1, Centre-weighted metering

video deleted

Last edited:
Mobius Maxi 4K - F1.5 Lens C : Daytime
4K 30fps, 60Mbps, Contrast -1, Centre-weighted metering

video deleted

Last edited:
Mobius Maxi 4K - F1.5 Lens C vs F2.8 Lens A - Dusk to Night

Identical settings on both cameras. Default IQ parameters, apart from Contrast set to -1.

The video is a little clearer, more light enters, however I expected a little better, the license plates are still difficult to recognize,
clearly it is dark and it is normal, however this happens even with higher light, I think it is a shutter too slow even when it could be faster, I am attaching an example of mine, perhaps it would be useful to put a menu with manual shutter speed as added the runcam2 4k type:
shutter speed Auto 1/30 1/50 1/60 1/100 1/120 1/240
so we can decide what we like best based on the time of exit or the type of movie.

Attachments

• tar1.jpg
    tar1.jpg
    186.3 KB · Views: 18
  • tar3.jpg
    tar3.jpg
    320.2 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
The video is a little clearer, more light enters, however I expected a little better, the license plates are still difficult to recognize,
I think the license plates would be difficult for most 4K cameras to capture clearly. In theory you could do it by increasing the minimum exposure time, but the video would become too dark or too noisy.

For better performance in low light you might consider 2MP or 5MP cameras with STARVIS sensors. However, my Viofo A139 with 5MP STARVIS does not have much less motion blur than the MM4K since it is also set to a minimum of 1/30s.

Last edited:
I think the license plates would be difficult for most 4K cameras to capture clearly. In theory you could do it by increasing the minimum exposure time, but the video would become too dark or too noisy.

For better performance in low light you might consider 2MP or 5MP cameras with STARVIS sensors. However, my Viofo A139 with 5MP STARVIS does not have much less motion blur than the MM4K since it is also set to a minimum of 1/30s.
Before mm4k i bought a VSYSTO k5x, 2k camera with Starvis imx335, i confirm, in any situation the license plates were always visible, motion blur almost zero(but a lot of noise at night).

AviDemux.......thanks for the reminder about this program ...will use it re HDR TO SDR etc for my 4K HDR from Sony video. Seems more straight foward than the usual video programs .

What's the deal with the capacitor version?
I've been checking the eBay listing for the past 2 months and it still says OOS...

What's the deal with the capacitor version?
I've been checking the eBay listing for the past 2 months and it still says OOS...
I know my local UK reseller has sold some - and also had a few returns. I tested a pre-release camera but it died soon after arrival. I think @Necromancer bought one and it's doing OK?

I know my local UK reseller has sold some - and also had a few returns. I tested a pre-release camera but it died soon after arrival. I think @Necromancer bought one and it's doing OK?
My MM4K with a super cap and lens C (F1.5) is in my car and working fine. Sometimes it doesn't start up, but all i need to do is press the power button and it works.
Bought October 2021 from https://www.ebay.com/str/eletoponline365 or contact eletoponline@mobiusactioncam.com and get it via paypal invoice.
I got all of my mobius cams through this seller (5+ cameras). not all parts are listed in his ebay store. If i can't find something i send him a message, he always delivered.

I'm actually in a process of messaging him about buying a 2nd MM4K one now with a battery for my bike.

Last edited:
Where to find lens c f1.5 ?
Anyone sells just the lens?

Where to find lens c f1.5 ?
Anyone sells just the lens?
The last I heard was that the F1.5 lens is no longer available, although they are looking for a replacement

Back