Mobius Maxi F1.5 2.7k

Of course...bangood is one of the official re-sellers of mobius cameras since years.
You can get this BOBLOV Mobius camera on Amazon.com also!

Is Mobius selling out it's name?? What's going on there?

Don't you guys think it might be prudent if you wait till the short comings of this camera are dealt with or forgotten, before you start throwing down your money to get one :rolleyes::cool:.

Is Mobius selling out it's name?? What's going on there?

well, there is also a "boblov Viofo a119", boblov everything on Bovlov's store on amazon...

Don't you guys think it might be prudent if you wait till the short comings of this camera are dealt with or forgotten, before you start throwing down your money to get one :rolleyes::cool:.

Good advice, exactly why I haven't got one yet..... On the other hand if no one buys it then how do we get to know.... It's a dillema I'm dealing with these latest few weeks....

Bo

Boblov GTO.... Hahaha

On Alibaba, you can get them to add your logo to many items before drop ship shipping.

Good advice, exactly why I haven't got one yet..... On the other hand if no one buys it then how do we get to know.... It's a dillema I'm dealing with these latest few weeks....

Well maybe it will get the manufactures of these cameras to stop getting the buyers to decipher what is wrong/fixing the problems with their cameras before they release them to the public for sale! Why should it be the consumer who buys a new camera install it then spend the next year not being able to rely on it till all the bugs are worked out, with some cameras never reaching a level of reliability one could realistically use for it's intended purpose, to save one's backside in case of a collision.

Then to make matters even worse, (Some manufacturers) once the public (you/others) have convinced the manufacture it's OK, they start reducing the quality of parts till other problems start to appear just to make a higher profit increase on the name of a product that the public thinks works OK as described. Not all companies are like this but some are, and it doesn't take a lot of reading to discover which companies pull these stunts! These sort of things have become so common place that people seem to think "That's the way it's done", BS! Wait till some of the experts here on DCT have evaluated a camera to come to a conclusion before you plop down your money. Ask questions like, when will the review by whoever be completed, instead of when can I get one or is the (name specific problems) fixed. Leave this tupe of question at the manufactures web site and ask to be notified, when those problems are corrected.

Examples: How many of you bought a Mobius 2 when it came out, are you happy with it now? How many bought the Mobius 1 and were delighted with it, but now Big problems with the new versions. That's just a couple of examples, but should give you an idea of what's going on, think about it.

I want a new Mobius 1 version 2 any lens, have one to sell I'll take it, but that's a step back you say, I'll still take it, but the version 3 is a lot better it's newer, I'll still take the version 2 and pay what the version 3's are seling for, have one, I'll take it!
All the above are just my thoughts and opinions.

At 2.7k the maxi can create 60mbs files. What micro sd cards are recommended for this intensive write cycle?
It appears a class 10 is not up to the task and a u1 might not do the job.

Is a kingston canvas go or canvas react a good card choice?

At 2.7k the maxi can create 60mbs files. What micro sd cards are recommended for this intensive write cycle?

I have used Samsung Evo+ U3 and SanDisk Extreme U3 cards in my testing. The Maxi 2.7K30 extreme 60Mbps setting does come with a caution that the bitrate is outside the chip specification, although I have not noticed any issues to date. I believe that if a slow card is used, the camera may automatically choose a less demanding resolution or bitrate to enable recording to continue. This is something I have not yet tested for myself.

As I said elsewhere, the U rating is for stills. On some cards it can be a good indicator for video, but to be sure it's better to look at the V rating as this relates specifically to video writing speed. V90 is currently the top rating speed from what I'm aware and suitable for 4K. V60 is good for some 4K and most HD.

If you're writing at 60mbs then personally I'd try to get a V90 rated card. Failing that, look at the U rated cards used by others on here. U3 is generally the highest from memory, but the the issue with the U ratings, is they bracket a huge amount of speed differences within them eg again from memory, I think U3 encompasses from 30mbs right up to in excess of 120mbs on some Pro cards! That's a huge span of speeds and not in itself useful without the accompanying actual read / write speed data. If you're going with a U speed rating as most of us have currently, then it's the read / write speeds that matter. use the U3 rating as only a guide to it being 30mbs+.

Yeah U3 is >30mbs, for instance the U3 Toshiba i use in dashcams, well it do not work in my Sj7Star, at least not in the most demanding resolutions / bitrates, but that Toshiba are barely inside the U3 standard so it would be a bad card to go with for a write intensive camera.
On the other hand my Trancend ultimate and U3 kingston card, have no problems, but they are also leaning up against the upper limits of the U3 standard.

It is funny cuz looking at recordings from the Sj7 star made with the other cards, it is clear that the write speeds it have been using are well within what the U3 Toshiba card can do,,,, but it still dont work.

Back