Mobius Maxi Image Issues

Well i have attached my new images since refocussing and there is slight improvement but not amazing i would say or am i expecting too much.

Attachments

• mobius 3 refocus.JPG
    mobius 3 refocus.JPG
    187.1 KB · Views: 52
  • mobius maxi 2.JPG
    mobius maxi 2.JPG
    167.6 KB · Views: 53
Oh yeah sorry I attached the wrong image but suppose it give a comparison. The 2nd image is before and the 1st is after refocussing. I will attach another image after refocussing.

Attachments

• mobius 4 refocus.JPG
    mobius 4 refocus.JPG
    196.1 KB · Views: 42
not the best photo to judge but certainly a lot better than before

a shopping mall with a lot of signs, car park or brickwork is better for judging focus results

Hi, I am new to the forums, but I have just got a Maxi with the B lens and it is focused to close (like my One's were). I loosened the small screw but could not turn the lens even with pliers. I even took the screw out to be certain it couldn't still lock the lens. Has anyone else had this issue?

Are there other lenses available for the Maxi apart from the A ?

Hi jokiin, thanks but the B lens is one I have the problem with.

Not sure if this will help here, but I've had old radios with sensitive knob adjustments and to allow much finer control of the turning, I just clipped a clothespin on them. If more grip is needed wrap the clothespin with a rubber-band.

Phil

Thanks SawMaster. We used something similar - a rubber-band with small wrench; with some force the lens suddenly 'clicked' and then moved. It's rotated fine since then and I've about got the focus right now.

Sounds like it's out of focus, you can open it up and reset it if that's the case
Hi, how do you rest the lens focus on the Mobius Maxi? I was taking the lens cap off and the lens turned and now its all blurry video.... what should I do? thanks.

refocus is the same for any of these cameras, just a matter of opening it up and turning the lens (remove any glue or set screw that is currently holding it in place first) if you don't have the AV out cable so you can watch the output on a monitor as you adjust then it's a bit more tedious as you'll need to record/review between adjustments

I don't understand is this camera from 1980's with focus-free lens technology? Aren't all cameras auto-focus now and have been for a very long time? What's going on with this POS? I'm looking for a decent capacitor dashcam and came across Mobius brand. Looking into 2.7k maxi, if it's even true high res sensor and not upconverted low res crap which they are famous for. Horrendous pictures look like vga-2mp.

Last edited:
no, different usage scenario

hmmm. i have a 10+ year old cheap generic crap webcam, probably 1.3mp or vga sensor that has a removable lens. if i screw it in all the way it becomes a very nice electronic microscope. The only scenario i can imagine you adjust it for a certain distance and user is expected to accept all such design flaws and defects? It's $80 on amazon now. Not something i should be doing if i get a defective one. Any reputable resellers other than amazon marketplace?

auto focus would be useless on a dashcam

why? it's not useless anywhere else. my cheap android phone + autoguard do just fine with autofocus. Do home security cameras have autofocus? I'm not seeing any support forums discussing lens adjustment in security cams. They just work out of the box. Same for my phone with ip cam software. Imagine if i had to focus my phone lens every time on something at a specific distance. I'd lose my mind. how is dash cam different? i'm no pro but don't you want to have everything in focus at any distance from 0-infinity or whatever reasonable distance it can pick up? I just hate to spend $300+ on gopro 8 black just for dashcam use. Same idea. Doubt gopro lens needs to be adjusted like this POS. Imagine lol. This is not the same idea as gopro or any other dash/action cam?

just thought of other popular brands that slap their names on dashcams Anker, Aukey. No lens adjustment there. ready to go out of the box. how's this different?

Back