Mobius Maxi Support Thread

Something slightly related:

Mobius Maxi 4K or Runcam2 4K? And why in specific?

Hit me.
How about you test them both and let us know?! :p

How about you test them both and let us know?! :p
Send them over, and I'll gladly test them for you Tony!:geek:

I will not spend 200 bucs just so I can test them. I can fill up my gastank 4 times with that, oh wait , correction, 2 times.... :oops:

"RunCam2 does loop recording function and you can choose 1min, 3mins or 5mins for each video via OSD setting. However, it won't save the last video if the camera experiences sudden power cut."

That's not so good news.
If you use an internal battery the power is not suddenly lost.... even when external power is cut.

I could send you my MM4K since I'm not testing it any more.
So I can do all your work all over again.....? Haha, good one. BTW, I just got word from Runcam about looping the 4K Runcam2:

RunCam Support (Customer Services)

Apr 8, 2022, 9:54 GMT+8

Dear Sir,

It supports loop recording, and it could be set at the App.
LnUrX7pmjusSDBzoA32PDULQW

Best Regards,
Kaisa Zhang
RunCam Customer Service

So, that's what I wanted to know about that, now, if anyone has any contribution to my inital question what to buy now that we know this, what to buy, MM4K or RC2/4K.

I like the type C usb input on the MM4K, that Runcam2 still has micro usb port.

But for some reason I have more faith in the RC2/4K though.....

So I can do all your work all over again.....? Haha, good one. BTW, I just got word from Runcam about looping the 4K Runcam2:
Allthoug I wouldn't mind you sending it..... :cool:

Something slightly related:

Mobius Maxi 4K or Runcam2 4K? And why in specific?

Hit me.
in doubt I finally got the MM4k,
they are almost the same,
for me, the advantages of the runcam 2 4k are(from the reviews read):
  • the removable battery,
  • the Sony sensor (I think IMX219),
  • less disturbance with low light,
  • the dedicated mobile app,
  • the manual shutter speed,
Defects:
  • sometimes the auto recording stops after a few seconds for no reason(it seems unresolved bug),
  • many swollen batteries due to the high temperature,
  • very high temperature
  • sometimes with vibrations the battery does not make contact,
  • poor audio,
  • many sd's are rejected,
  • only color orange
Of the MMK4
Pros:
  • Very great video quality in strong light,
  • app on windows,
  • looks stable in all uses,
  • large battery, the charge lasted about 2h30m in 4k,
  • it gets hot but not too hot
  • good audio quality
  • the rubber lens cover
  • external heatsink for extreme cases
  • usb-c
cons:
  • no battery door(you have to remove the screws),
  • sensor brand/model not declared
  • with medium-low light conditions it emits motion blur (and hot pixels appear)(no plates),
  • shutter speed cannot be changed(could improve the above point)
  • Native mobile app only available for Mobius Maxi (not 4k), but you can use Icatch chip brand app(Icatch v39)

I also asked RC what happens when power is cut when we use the RC2 4k without battery, here's what they say:

RUNCAM_APP_ICON-1024.png
RunCam Support (Customer Services)

Apr 9, 2022, 9:46 GMT+8

Dear Sir,

It has the function of saving videos, but it may lose some seconds.

For example, if sir takes a video about 3 mintues, and cut it off, the video may be a 2 mintues and 57 seconds one.
Best Regards,
Kaisa Zhang
RunCam Customer Service

If it's true, then, imho, that is a big advantage.....

in doubt I finally got the MM4k,
they are almost the same,
for me, the advantages of the runcam 2 4k are(from the reviews read):
  • the removable battery,
  • the Sony sensor (I think IMX219),
  • less disturbance with low light,
  • the dedicated mobile app,
  • the manual shutter speed,
Defects:
  • sometimes the auto recording stops after a few seconds for no reason(it seems unresolved bug),
  • many swollen batteries due to the high temperature,
  • very high temperature
  • sometimes with vibrations the battery does not make contact,
  • poor audio,
  • many sd's are rejected,
  • only color orange
Of the MMK4
Pros:
  • Very great video quality in strong light,
  • app on windows,
  • looks stable in all uses,
  • large battery, the charge lasted about 2h30m in 4k,
  • it gets hot but not too hot
  • good audio quality
  • the rubber lens cover
  • external heatsink for extreme cases
  • usb-c
cons:
  • no battery door(you have to remove the screws),
  • sensor brand/model not declared
  • with medium-low light conditions it emits motion blur (and hot pixels appear)(no plates),
  • shutter speed cannot be changed(could improve the above point)
Thanks for the input, it's highly valued!

Now, at first I wanted to give my personal values to the things you mentioned, add/subtract and see what comes out, but that isn't as easy as I thought....

I'm fed up with the "strokes" and "seisures" of the Mobius Maxi, and I do NOT want that. So there the RC2 4K is in the trouble zone when it comes to reliabillity. Most negs are about that, and as RC told me, to avoid swollen batteries we can use the RC2 4K without battery, but at powerfail/cut it WILL loose the last 4 seconds or so, and they could be the most important ones.

I believe I should take the blurr in low light on the MM4K for granted if it's otherwise reliable......

All CONS for the MM4K are actually not real dealbreakers at all for me..... And as to the PRO'S, well let me tell you, they make the deal for me.

Windows app, stable system, 2h30m on 4K, heat sink, good audio, USB-C...... I like all of that!

If it's really as reliable as being presented here, I would go for the MM4K I guess...

• Native mobile app only available for Mobius Maxi (not 4k), but you can use Icatch chip brand app(Icatch v39)

How's that possible?? The app is not in the Playstore, not that I believe to need it..... but, do we need to sideload?

Thanks for the input, it's highly valued!

Now, at first I wanted to give my personal values to the things you mentioned, add/subtract and see what comes out, but that isn't as easy as I thought....

I'm fed up with the "strokes" and "seisures" of the Mobius Maxi, and I do NOT want that. So there the RC2 4K is in the trouble zone when it comes to reliabillity. Most negs are about that, and as RC told me, to avoid swollen batteries we can use the RC2 4K without battery, but at powerfail/cut it WILL loose the last 4 seconds or so, and they could be the most important ones.

I believe I should take the blurr in low light on the MM4K for granted if it's otherwise reliable......

All CONS for the MM4K are actually not real dealbreakers at all for me..... And as to the PRO'S, well let me tell you, they make the deal for me.

Windows app, stable system, 2h30m on 4K, heat sink, good audio, USB-C...... I like all of that!

If it's really as reliable as being presented here, I would go for the MM4K I guess...

How's that possible?? The app is not in the Playstore, not that I believe to need it..... but, do we need to sideload?
You are right, I forgot to say that despite everything I would recommend the Mmk4,
for the app, at least in Android Play,
the only official existing one is the Mobius maxi wifi,
but not compatible with 4k, you can instead use Ismart Dv2 compatible with cameras with Icatch cpu, you can see the camera in real time and change almost all parameters on the fly

the only official existing one is the Mobius maxi wifi,
but not compatible with 4k, you can instead use Ismart Dv2 compatible with cameras with Icatch cpu, you can see the camera in real time and change almost all parameters on the fly
There's no official app from Mobius for the MM4K. You can use iSmart DV2 to preview live video. I would not recommend using it for changing settings because the parameter list may be different to what is inside the camera.

Although I wouldn't mind you sending it..... :cool:
I could send it to you for a trial, if you like? I would want it back 'un-modified' at some point.

I could send it to you for a trial, if you like? I would want it back 'un-modified' at some point.
I believe you mentioned some where this MM4K is very reliable, right? Totally different to the 1st Maxi?

Thanks for your trust, but if you can assure me the MM4K is reliable and operates without problems, I will probably just buy one some day soon anyway.

Concerning the app, I use the PC Windows app, I don't normally want to change settings on the go anyway.

PS: does the MM4K have a manual option to save a current file / event?

I believe you mentioned some where this MM4K is very reliable, right? Totally different to the 1st Maxi?

Thanks for your trust, but if you can assure me the MM4K is reliable and operates without problems, I will probably just buy one some day soon anyway.
The battery version was reliable for me throughout the testing that I did.

The capacitor version is still work in progress.

Which makes me wonder what is happening with the ones they have been selling on eBay. So far there have been no reports positive or negative here on the forum but on the other hand after quite some time on the market they have only sold 9 units to date.

The battery version was reliable for me throughout the testing that I did.

Which makes me wonder what is happening with the ones they have been selling on eBay. So far there have been no reports positive or negative here on the forum but on the other hand after quite some time on the market they have only sold 9 units to date.
Is it the super-cap making problems, I mean if you buy a battery version and replace the battery with a super-cap, the problems arise?

Is it the super-cap making problems, I mean if you buy a battery version and replace the battery with a super-cap, the problems arise?
The Maxi 4K comes with a super-capacitor permanently soldered onto the PCB. Yes, apparently it is making problems which still need to be sorted out.

PS: does the MM4K have a manual option to save a current file / event?
No, not yet. I hope they might add that later.

However if it works the same way as on the original Maxi, I found it hard to find and press the Mode button while driving safely. Of course the difficulty of pressing the button may depend on where you mount the camera, and how fat your fingers are!

The MM4K does have an optional g-sensor to save impact files to the Event folder.

Back